Status: Will be slow in updates as am still in full time education but will try to update as regularly as possible

Better for You

Chapter 59

I scowled at Harry in the mirror as he continued to try to lure me with his bedroom eyes. “Stop it, Harry!” I whined as I tried to return my focus to putting on my mascara.

I could hear the bed creaking from behind me and sure enough, Harry’s beautiful face showed up in my mirror’s reflection and I had to stop myself from sighing in happiness because Harry was so perfect and he was all mine. Hands then rested on waist and snaked around my body to rest on my stomach as heat spread through my body at his touch.

“Why don’t you just say that you’re not feeling too good?” Harry suggested as his lips found their way to my neck and because kissing and sucking, sending my heart-rate through the roof at the heavenly sensation.

I had to inhale a deep breath to try to gain some resolution against Harry’s enticing offer. “We can’t.” I sighed and removed Harry’s hands from around my waist, immediately missing his warmth. I chuckled at the frown that Harry supported in the mirror as I applied some tinted lip balm.

“But you can.” Harry pleaded as I stood up and turned around to give Harry a quick peck on the lips however his hands wrapped around my body, trapping me in his hold as he deepened the kiss, his tongue licked my bottom lip and I couldn’t stop my body from responding and allowing his tongue entrance to my mouth as Harry consumed my senses and fire ignited within me. Harry’s kisses were magical and were worth risking being late.

After a few seconds I reluctantly pulled back and tapped Harry lightly on his chest as his hands loosened their hold around me and allowed me space to put on my black boots and add a spritz of vanilla perfume before turning to face Harry and using spreading my arms apart in a pose as I asked him, “What do you think?”

“I think you look fucking amazing.” Harry complemented and I beamed at this. I wasn’t wearing anything out of the ordinary, just a burgundy strapless cropped jumper and some skinny jeans but Harry’s stare made me feel like I was wearing a versace ball gown.

“Thank you, babe.” I told Harry when suddenly I realised what I had said and my eyes widened and I began blushing furiously and turned away from Harry, hiding my face as I gathered my things to put into my bag.

Since when did I say babe? Babe was not a very Izzy thing for me to say but at the same time it just slipped out of my lips without me even thinking about it. I then braced myself in preparation for the comments that I knew that Harry was going to make, he would have a field day with this one.

“What did you just say?” Harry questioned and I cringed as I turned to face Harry who had an amused expression on his face.

“Thank you?” I replied with an innocent smile.

“Hmm, no, not that part.” Harry teased and I sighed as I picked up my bag and swung it over my shoulder.

“Then I’m afraid that I don’t know what you’re on about.” I responded with a smug smirk playing on my lips.

Harry chuckled at this and walked towards me, his hands reaching out for me and wrapping around me so that his hands rested on the small of my back. “I think you do, babe” Harry replied, a cocky grin on his lips as he emphasized the word, causing me to blush under his intense gaze.

I scrunched up my face and then sighed as I looked up at Harry, “Are you sure,” I questioned, pausing for dramatic effect before I added, “babe?”. Harry’s eyes darkened in response as he leaned down to kiss me. “However, we need to go like now because otherwise Andy and Zayn will be waiting and who knows what they’ll get up to if we leave them together for too long.” I reminded Harry as I wriggled out of his grasp and headed over to the door.

“Fine, but if they’re all cringy and coupley then I may not have much of an appetite for the food.” Harry huffed as he followed me out of the dorm and towards his car.

“They’re not too bad Harry.” I reasoned but Harry gave me a sour look in response.

“They’re still in their honeymoon faze where Zayn literally thinks that the sun shines out of Andy’s arse.” Harry quipped and I narrowed my eyes at Harry and gave him a light hit on his chest.

“Remember that’s Andy you’re talking about there and also that’s probably how we act, although you’d be correct in thinking that the sun shines out of my arse.” I returned and Harry was unable to reply to that and so just let out a chuckle in response instead.

After a short journey Harry and I arrived at the diner and we walked inside to find Andy and Zayn already seated at the table, sat next to each other and seemingly in a world of their own as they conversed with wide smiles on their faces. I smiled at the sight of them, they were both so genuinely happy with each other and since they had become official they had only gone from strength to strength in their relationship and I had discovered that I maybe misjudged Zayn when I thought that he was a dickhead.

“Took you two long enough, did you fit in a quickie before you left?” Zayn asked and I rolled my eyes at him as greeted Andy with a hug and then sat down in front of her, with Harry then sitting by my side mumbling an ‘I wish’ under his breath to which I kicked his leg under the table in response.

“I’m surprised you were waiting for long, given your track record for arriving on time.” I quipped, referring to the multiple times that Zayn and Abby had shown up late to our double dates. Our double dates was originally intended to be a one off catch up however the group dynamic worked so will that we ended up creating a weekly tradition where we would have a double date at the diner and almost every time Zayn and Abby were late and the few times that Harry and I were late always happened to be the rare occasions when Abby and Zayn showed up on time, sod’s law I guess.

“Hey, a Queen is never late, everyone else is just early.” Andy defended, crossing her arms sassily almost challengingly.

“Interesting that, I don’t see any royalty in here however.” Zayn quipped and Andy’s mouth dropped open as she turned to face Zayn and regarded Zayn with a look of shock.

“What the hell, Z - I was defending us you moron!” Andy moaned, causing Zayn to smile at Andy toothily as he stuck his tongue out at her playfully.

Harry then leaned towards me and muttered into my ear, “remember what I was saying earlier?”

I giggled at Harry’s remark as I couldn’t help but agree - Andy and Zayn were for sure still in their honeymoon stage but it felt like Harry and I were both at that stage as well so I could hardly complain and besides, they are both so happy together and that was all that I wanted for them.

“Do you two want a room?” Harry asked and Zayn turned his head to look at Harry and cut him a glare.

“Which would you suggest?” Zayn returned and I shook my head at their banter, somehow this topic never ceased to arise in our double dates.

“Any room far away from any civilisation.” I cut in with a sly smile.

“Why do our sex lives always have to come up in our conversations?” Andy groaned, her cheeks a deep shade of pink as she hid her face behind her hands.

Everyone then let out a laugh at this before diverting conversation about the concert that Harry and I had been to a couple of days ago. Harry’s mum had bought me two tickets to see The Weeknd for my christmas present and I had had the best night with Harry, both of us feeling very grateful for Anne’s present.

“Have you heard about Lucy?” Zayn asked in a more serious tone and the atmosphere shifted as tension poured into the air around us. I noticed Harry’s body tensing beside me at the mentioning of Lucy’s name and so I placed my hand over his hand which rested in his lap as a sign of support and comfort.

“What about Lucy?” I questioned softly, surprising myself at how I didn’t feel any anger towards Lucy anymore, sure she wasn’t the nicest of people but she couldn’t get underneath my skin like she used to and realising this was a pleasant surprise.

Zayn looked at Andy, as if asking if he should answer my question and Andy smiled at him before facing me. “Lucy dropped out of college.” Andy answered and I felt my mouth drop open in shock, I was not expecting that to hear that. I knew that Lucy had been going through a hard time but for her to drop out of college wasn’t something that I was considering her doing at all.

Harry, however, had a different response as he nodded his head seemingly understandingly. “That’s probably for the best, to be fair - college was never really the thing for her.” Harry commented, his thumb brushing back and forth over my hand reassuring me, not that I needed it but it was still nice.

“Yeah, I heard that she’s going to get a job at her uncle’s insurance company or something.” Zayn informed us and Harry and I both nodded our heads in understanding.

“Good for her.” I commented, and I did genuinely mean it because at the end of the day I wanted for her to be happy - just not with Harry, of course.

The rest of the dinner flew by with conversation flowing naturally and plenty of laughter resonating from our table. At the end of the night we all hugged and agreed to meet at the same time next week with a few joking bets on who would be later, before we left with Andy leaving with Zayn and myself with Harry.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey everyone, thank you for sticking by me through these long ass delays between uploads! But here you have it, the penultimate chapter!! Hope you like it! <3