Angels Know How to Scream

This angel lives in the dark

I swerved between everybody. I didn't want to bump into anybody. I was alone. My friends weren't in my class this year. I felt naked. I walked slowly down the stairs hoping that the next step won't be my last. Then I bumped into him.

It was Kameron. The only guy I knew that had ideas, comments, and beliefs just like me. He was everything I liked, everything I wanted. But I was naturally shy and did not give him a glance. As I walked pass him my cheeks burned as my heart raced and my arms numbed. It felt like the world was falling. It was my heart throbbing again. I couldn't escape next period. He was in my next class.

I finally got to my next class. The school's irritating bell rang. Just in time. I cannot bear being in class just to wait for the work to start.

I sat down at the back. Believe or not, I was good at school, but I hated it. I hated with my heart. There was 3 things that was worth doing things for. Music, Friends, and Myself.

Mr.Mattaroolos droned on about something I already knew. His voice was about as interesting as nail fungus. He was disgusting and he had it out for me just because of the "incident".

At the beginning of school we had to introduce ourselves. I remember what I said exactly and I definitely knew what I was saying. It ran over and over in my head. There was nothing wrong with it.

"Ello. I'm Rayne. I like rock music. rawr. I hate George Bush and he should die. My elbow's itchy -scratch-. My name is Rayne. Bite me." Amazingly some people cheered. Kameron was one of those people. I melted into bits. Though Mr.Dronoe didn't agree one bit. He hated words that started with vowels. He loved classical music and he worshipped George Bush. Yeah, I did notice the George Bush bobble head on his desk.

I took out my notebook. I flipped the tattered pages. They were filled with my songs. I flipped to anew fresh page which was soon to be a page filled with a song. I took out my pencil. Words filled my mind. Now, I just have to pick them out.

" The angels come screaming
My wings are ripped
They leave sobbing

I sit in the dark of lies
Where my heart holds no surprise
It beats only for the dead
Cause the beating sounds are ripped to shreds"

"Ms. Rayne, would you please go up the board and answer question number 7." I could hear his bitterness.

I went up. Walking slowly. Taking my time. I was in no rush. My black jeans brushed the floor. I pulled down my dark coloured shirt. I blew up my hair that cover one side of my face. My hair warmed my face. I was at the board. I picked up the cold piece of chalk. It was rough. I observed it.

"Hey! Yo, emo girl hurry up!!" Nick called. He was a self centered pervert. He's wasting his breath.

I wrote the answer on the board. I curved my five slowly. Then, without turning around, I threw the chalk right at Nick. He collapsed to the floor, but abruptly sitting up afraid of losing his " macho" reputation. The way he lives, he'll survive in this world.

"RAYNE! The off-"

"I know. I know. The office." I grabbed my bag and left. I saw a smirk on Kameron's face. Hmmm..

I went outside and slammed the door. I heard a crash and went straight to the office.

Twenty minutes later, I was out with just a warning. The principal was cool. She was nice. Amazingly she had a small mohawk. The other teachers hated her, but she didn't care. She was only twenty. She was my friend too.

I roamed the halls. In about 5 minutes the bell would ring. I couldn't take it anymore. I just left. I ran. It was raining. The cool drops varnished my face. My heart and body felt cool again. I felt happy. A smile formed on my face. I ran to my street. I ran to my yard. I ran to the porch. The smile was now a frown...