Angels Know How to Scream

..........................

It was the day of the funeral. My father was in his best suit. That's how he wanted to go ; with style. He always joked about dying, but this day wasn't funny a single bit.

I couldn't spot Hitleress anywhere. Where was she? Then I gave myself a light slap since I was thinking about her and not my father.

They were going to set him 6 feet under now. I was sobbing. Practically wailing! I was clinging onto Joseph.

"I'm such a horrible person!"

"What? What do you mean? You had nothing to do with his heart attack."

He was hugging me tightly and used his shirt as a tissue for me.

"Why did I leave? I should've never left! Maybe I could've taken care of him or spent some time with him. I didn't even say good-bye!"

"This is none of your fault, baby. Things just happen for no reason. Sometimes God just doesn't pay attention. It is not your fault."

He just held me tighter. I couldn't take this.

"But what if he needed help! Maybe I could've been there when he had the heart attack! I could've gotton help right away! He was all by himself and he suffered. No one was watching him! I could've helped if I was there! I should have never, ever left!"

I was breaking down. The tears were burning. They were hot flames going down my cheeks. I was so foolish! How could I have left my own father? I loved him! He was the only one I had left. He helped me through the rough times and I helped him through his. I felt so selfish.

"Baby, just look at me."

I looked up and my tears made my vision blurry. It was hard looking at him. It was hard letting him look at someone so horrid; me.

"It is not your fault. These things happen. Anyways, would your dad want you to be sad? Would he want you to grieve and blame yourself? If you love him, don't disappoint him. Just never forget him, Emily."

"I guess you're right."

We turned towards the coffin in the ground. I threw my rose onto it and I let them bury him.

"I love you." I whispered.

Sophia and Leah were crying too. My father was like family to everybody. From a close father to a great brother; he was close.

We started to leave. In the parking lot we met a tall man in a expensive Boss suit.

"Are you Miss.Hunter?"

I wiped my eyes and quickly straightened my hair.

"Yes.Yes, I am."

"Hello, I'm Lloyd Ranchio. I'm from the insurance company. In his will, he left his fortune to you."

I was silent. I didn't care about the money. How could I when my father just died?

"But your mother..."

"My step-mother." I still hated her.

"She took the money and ran."

I was shocked and not at the same time.

I knew she was a horrible person, but how can she do something so...so...so...low?

"I just hope you know your father did care about you dearly."

"Thank you."

Joseph guided me towards the car.

I just started to sob all over again.