Reigniting the Passion

A Child's Nightmare

Write about a nightmare

At the young age of seven, I should have been able to sleep through my house being blow away in a storm, but there I was yet again woken in the middle of the night by my own restless body.

Groggily I sat up, my hair tangling itself in the springs of the top bunk of my sister's bed.

I now had every intention of waking her for no reason, all because her bed inconvenienced me.

Finally free from the holds of the metal claw, I stood on the side of the frame and felt for my older sister's sleeping form, only to find her gone, leaving behind a wet, sticky substance.

With a grimace I wiped my hand and headed towards my parents bedroom.

On my short venture through the moonlit living room, I noticed my little brother missing from his bed on the couch.

I now had both sibling missing.

Worriedly I made it to my parents, only to find them missing as well.

Everyone was gone. Leaving me in the middle of the night, alone.

Panic was quick to set in, my young mind not even able to conjure up any horrible thoughts of what could have happened before I heard the laundry room door rattling in the bathroom.

They were trying to scare me!

Make creepy noises in the laundry room and once I got close enough they'd all pop out yelling and laughing.

Quietly I made my way over, opening the door.

To my surprise, I found, not my family, but a bat human hybrid, tall and threatening, it's eyes piercing into my skull and it's mouth full of sharp teeth letting out hot breathy growls.

It let out a loud shriek, and I ran.

Up the stairs to our small toy room, up the tiny steps as the monster howled at my heels.

Like every horror movie I had seen, I tripped and fell on the last step, sprawling harshly to the floor in a pile of a wet, sticky substance.

The hybrid latched onto my leg as I stared horrified.

I had found my family, ripped and torn to pieces on the toy room floor, their blood making a wet, sticky pool staining the carpet.
♠ ♠ ♠
This was a nightmare I actually had when I was seven.