Youngblood

Chapter 11

Lucy looked over at Tré and Mike as they set up for their set at the festival, she was sorting Billie's guitar because he had disappeared somewhere with Lauren. She finished tuning, and set it down, going to find Billie and tell him they would be on in five minutes.

Lucy coughed a little to make her presence known when she found Billie with his tongue down Lauren's throat
"Twitch," she got his attention "you're on in five, I tuned your guitar," she told him, rolling her eyes as Lauren scowled at her behind his back. Billie thanked her and made his way to side stage. Lucy followed Lauren as she went a different way, saying something about a phone call. She waited round the corner, hoping she'd catch Lauren saying something that would confirm her cheating.
"...I know, but he literally does whatever I want him to," she giggled on the phone "yes- no I'm still seeing Jackson," she murmured "because Billie is such a fucking pussy, he just does whatever I tell him whenever I tell him," she muttered. She sighed as she listened for a moment "anyway I've got to go..he's on stage in a minute," she murmured. Lucy waited for her to walk past and grabbed her arm, pulling her into an empty room.

"You're cheating on Billie," she accused, narrowing her eyes. Lauren squared up to her a little
"And you're going to keep your mouth shut, dyke," she growled. Lucy rolled her eyes and laughed humourlessly
"You don't intimidate me," she snapped, pushing the taller girl roughly as she took a step too close. She stumbled and scowled at Lucy
"It's a fucking good job Billie is protective of you because I know people who could make your life hell," she threatened as she walked past, bumping Lucy's shoulder with hers as she did.
"I'm not gay by the way," Lucy called after her, rolling her eyes and going to the other side of the stage, sitting on a box so she could watch the performance.

When they came off, Mike and Tré were grinning madly, adrenaline pumping through them along with the elated feeling of playing a good show. Lucy forced a smile and congratulated them, hugging each of them tightly. Billie immediately disappeared with Lauren and Lucy groaned. 

"I overheard her on the phone, she is cheating on him with some guy called Jackson," she told Billie's band mates with a less than impressed expression. Mike clenched his jaw
"You should tell him," he murmured. Lucy nodded and ran a hand through her hair
"I know, I'll wait for her to leave though," she answered. Tré nodded
"Good plan..shall we go get some food, I'm starving," he grinned. Lucy chuckled and nodded, following him to the food tent.