Youngblood

Chapter 5

When Friday came around, Billie picked Lauren up, having agreed to arrive a little late to the party with her and some friends. They walked in - the party was in full swing, Lucy came over and gave them all hugs, handing Billie a beer and asking the girls what they wanted before going to get them a drink each. Billie left them to it, going to find Mike - who was drunkenly grinning on the sofa.

"BJ!" He yelled, spilling his drink on himself and grinning "here swaps," he laughed, Billie took a sip and smirked – it was a vodka and coke that was more vodka than coke. He turned round to see Lucy dancing with some people, she didn't seem to have a care in the world, up there drunkenly lost in the music. Smiling to himself, he went to find Tré. Spotting him making out with some orange haired girl, he decided not to interrupt, and went to sit with Mike.

"Seen Lucy?" He asked, Billie nodded
"Earlier yeah," He answered, taking a sip of his drink
"Nooo," he slurred, pointing. He looked over at where their friend had another girl pinned against the wall as they made out. Mike laughed at Billie's shocked expression, finishing his beer and throwing it on the floor. Billie smiled fondly and got up to look for Lauren.

Finding her friends, Billie asked if they'd seen Lauren and he started to worry when they told him she'd disappeared around an hour ago.

"Everything okay?" Lucy asked, grabbing his arm. Billie nodded
"M'just looking for Lauren..I need to take her home - it's getting late and her curfew was thirty minutes ago," he explained. She nodded
"Not seen her in an hour or so," she answered. Billie hummed
"She must've left," he murmured, handing his vodka to some random guy and grabbing Lucy's wrist, pulling her out "had too much for a joint?" He asked. She grinned and shook her head, pulling him up a few flights of stairs to the roof.

"Who was that chick you were all over before?" Billie asked, joint now smoked, both relatively high. Lucy giggled
"Dunno," she answered "I never really told anyone that I'm into guys and girls," she murmured "never seemed like the right time and I don't see why everyone needs to know," she added. Billie hummed, jiggling his knee and twitching his hands a little.
"Same..I've never been with a guy but I know I'm into them," He told her softly "Lauren thinks being bi is bullshit," He added quietly, practically able to hear as Lucy rolled her eyes
"Because obviously she knows it all," she answered sarcastically, looking up at Billie and smirking. He shrugged
"That's not what I mean - it's just really shitty not being able to be myself properly with her," he sighed. She nodded, looking down and smiling as she put her hand on his knee to stop it jigging - how it always did when he got high.
"You shouldn't have to pretend to be something you're not - especially not with the person you're dating," she murmured, laying her head on Billie's shoulder "I've done that and it was shitty," she added softly.
"She's taking me out tomorrow," he murmured "we're shopping for new clothes because she doesn't like mine," he added with a grimace. Lucy frowned
"Don't let her change you too much," she answered, this time grabbing his hand as it twitched uncontrollably "you're such a twitchy fucker when you get high," she murmured. Billie chuckled
"I'll get us out of this town one day, I know I always say it..but for real," he smiled.