Stories

Too Late

Its too late.
Its too late.
Its too late.
The words that seem to fill up my mind. They are the words that stop me from achieving many things. They stop me from going here and there and everywhere I wish I could go. My father's face shows up everywhere and I know he's disappointed in me and I hope he knows that I wanted him to proud. I look around me, at all the people doing big things and I hope that I could wake up one day and take their place for at least a single day. To get a taste of what if feels like to be someone. I wish I could have known sooner what I had to do to be like them. But it becomes easy to blame if you let yourself blame others, it becomes easy to point the finger at him, at her, its no ones fault. To be uneducated is hard, I realize to be uneducated and then to become educated must be ten times harder. Its harder because you realize what you missed out on. That realization of, "I could have done so much more," you know you couldn't because you didn't know. I didn't know because no one took the time to sit me down and tell me what the world was expecting me to do. No one told me because everyone's wrapped up in their worldly problems, everyone is going through something and they don't have time to worry about a tiny human being. And well as for my teachers that cared about my tiny human self, they had many other tiny humans that had real problems then and there. The questions never slipped out and never formed in my mind because my parents never molded my mind that way. They did mold me into a dreamer, they molded me into the biggest dreamer the world has ever seen. I'm a dreamer. I've always been a dreamer and maybe that's all I will ever be, just a dreamer.