Status: Am trying to be as quick as possible on updates

The Winter Master

In my three hundred and four years of life I never thought I'd meet another like my wife. Soma who had been taken from me during a raid on our village, was a fierce woman like a wolf mother to the tribes children. Her cubs as I called them.
That fierocity i now see in Kalypso. A young Wendigo my grandaughter begged me to let live after attacking hikers in my territory.
Now I see the best decision was made for he has become my other half. A soft sigh against my side pulls me from my thoughts. His sleepy pouting face comes into view as he nuzzles against my chest. His gaze lands on my face, a smile spreading over his full lips.
"Still awake?"
"Yeah just thinking is all." I brush my fingers over the choker around his neck then up to his cheek.
"Of what?" he asks furrowing his brow, a concerned look on his tan face
"The depth of your beauty." I smirk victoriously at his pink blush.
"Your such a suck up." He grumbles rolling over putting his back to me so i cant see his face. Smirking I wrap my arms around his midsection and start to hum a song my mother sang to me when I became uneasy on nights of a coming storm.
"I love you Redwolf." He sighs tracing his claws up and down my arm as he drifts back to sleep the distant sound of rumbling thunder and crickets as background noise.
"I love you too."