‹ Prequel: In an Instant
Sequel: Delilahs Darkness
Status: 2017 Nanowrimo Project!

City of Dark Angels

The Lost Sister

**Flashback**

Healing after a coma wasn't the easiest thing I've ever been through. There was so many sleepless nights of pain and agony for the first little while, the doctors gave me so much medication for the pain but all it did was knock me out only to wake up with even more pain than before. I'd be doing great for months, but then days like today I felt like I had just gotten home from the hospital all over again. The pain greater than ever before.

I woke up from my nap, feeling sweaty and in pain again. I checked my phone to see a voicemail from the art agency.

"Delilah Ivy, we are calling you to congratulate you on your recent submission. It has been accepted with great honor. If you could call as back ASAP and we would like to schedule an interview with you to work for our company!" I quickly called back the agency and the woman on the phone tells me to come for an interview next week at 2 pm.

After I hung up from that call I gave Travis a ring to tell him the good news. He picked up after two rings and sounded exhausted.

"That's amazing Delilah!" He exclaimed and we chat for a little while and make plans to meet up for a coffee in a few hours. I pop in some pain medication and lay back down on the couch, Maisie laid on top of me as I flipped through the channels on the TV. I closed my eyes briefly and became startled at the image of deaths brother, talking with my father. About me. He's in the prison cell still and deaths brother is on the outside of the bars, chatting in hush tones. I can't hear the extent of the conversation but I know for the most part that it's about me. I opened my eyes and everything around the room is normal.

I checked my phone and seen I have a few texts from Travis asking me where I am, as I happened to sleep for nearly two hours even though it felt like seconds. I quickly texted him back that I am on my way.

I heard a knock on my apartment door and answer it to see Travis standing there, two coffee's in hand looking distraught.

"Good morning sleepy head." He says handing me a coffee and plopping down on my couch. I sigh and sit down next to him.

"Sorry I must have been tired, I took some pain medication before my nap and it must have knocked me out cold."

"In pain again?" He asked concerned, and I nodded rubbing my head and winced at the pain.

"I was okay for awhile but this last week has been terrible, as well as the strange dreams of my father and deaths brother have been happening more frequently." I confess, hoping that maybe he would have some sort of explanation to everything.

"Isn't your doctors appointment today?" He asks.

"Yeah it's at three thirty." I reply.

"Want me to come with you?" He questions taking a sip of his coffee.

"Of course, I hate going to do the doctors alone." I smile.

***

"So when did the pain start again?" The doctor asks me listening to my heart beat with a cold stethoscope on my chest. I took a deep breath in as he requested and think back to the last week or so.

"About the last week, I've been mostly getting really bad headaches and dizzy spells." I tell him and he writes that down on his notepad. "I was doing great for the longest of time but suddenly everything started up again. Worse this time."

"That's quite normal, even months following a coma...you did sustain very harsh injuries from the accident. Injuries that we never thought you would even begin to heal from, it's a miracle you're alive Delilah."

"Are the dreams normal?" I ask hoping for a logical answer to that.

"After such trauma anything of the sort such as bad dreams, headaches and flashbacks from what you experienced are all normal. All I can suggest is continuing to visit with your councilor and letting them know of all you're experiencing and if there are any changes to contact me right away."

I nod with a sense of discouragement from the visit and get up off the table, Travis gets up from the chair he sits in and we walk out of the room.

"Thanks for your not so much help." I mutter under my breath.

Cecilia vanishes, Erika and I look at each other with fear as we watch her tear into the darkness away from the little shack.

"We have to get out of here! She's going to go and tell Raviera that we are here, we can't stay lets go warn the others!" She frantically tells me and runs down the stairs to warn the others about what just happened. I follow close behind and straight to Travis.

"What happened?" He asks me seeing the look of dismay inside my eyes. I say nothing but grab his hand and run up the stairs and outside into the darkness. Everyone else closely follows behind and we all run together, keeping up the pace with Erika in the lead. She seems to know the most about this place.

A scream is heard from behind us and we turn to see a young girl known as Yvonne being taken from the ground she walks on straight up into the sky and vanishing before our very eyes. That causes a fire to ignite under our feet and run away faster.

"This way everyone!" Erika calls out and we follow her through a winding path, and to another large torn apart building. We make our way in and sit down around a table, Erika locking the door behind her. "Lucky for me, I know all the buildings that haven't been torn down yet."

"Where did that girl go?" I ask Erika referring to Yvonne being yanked out of nowhere into the sky. Erika sighs and holds out a hand at the fireplace and starts a small fire inside of it.

"Raviera took her, to be turned into a dark angel. It's only a matter of time before he finds and turns the rest of us, that's why we have to hide out for as long as we can. They turned Cecilia, I know she was your friend but she's no longer herself, you have to understand that."

"How do you know all of this about us? And don't say its because you know things, a real answer this time please." I say sitting down on a broken chair.

"It's because I know Travis and have been watching over the both of you for sometime now." She confesses, looking at Travis and he glances at her with curiosity but doesn't come up with a reasoning to her knowing him.

"I'm your little sister."