‹ Prequel: In an Instant
Sequel: Delilahs Darkness
Status: 2017 Nanowrimo Project!

City of Dark Angels

Deaths AIs

"Twenty Seven Forty Five?" We all repeat, the man nods. Scrolling down our profiles with our information, age, date of birth, weapons we use, facts about our personality, ect.

"What in the hell are we doing, so damn far into the future?" Travis asks aggressively. "And who are you people, and how do you have our information so accurately?"

"To show you what will be of your life if you don't stop Raviera." The woman says to us. "We are the Agency Against Dark Angels, we've been waiting so long for your arrival."

"How will we still be alive at this point in time?" Erika asks, taking in all the surroundings. "Well, for them; since I'm dead."

"Because, not being able to turn into a dark angel also gives you the powers of immortality."

"Isn't that a good thing?" I ask.

"It can be, if you like living centuries of solitude and war. Come with us." The woman insists us to do; we get up and follow both her and the man away from the fire and into a building in the ground.

The corridors are long, and very winding. They twist and turn, many doors are placed throughout the building with different names printed on the windows. We finally reach the end of the hallway, and enter a large room with a round table and six individuals sitting around it. All deep in research on their laptops. They glance at us and smile upon our entrance.

"Please, do sit; we have so much to discuss."

**Flashback**

After the art show everything happened so fast for me, after the man approached me with the offer for being published in the magazine, someone else approached me with a scholarship offer. Then, many meetings with different agencies, all wanting to showcase my talent. It was a whirlwind of excitement, and at the end of everyday I found myself exhausted and sore. I had Travis at my side throughout everything, supporting me in between his rehab appointments.

I hear a familiar knocking at the door, and place my paint brush into the water next to my easel. I wiped the paint from my fingers onto my old white shirt that's already covered with a variety of colors. I check myself in the full length mirror and tighten the elastic that holds my red hair in a ponytail. Maisie begins barking loudly at the door.

"Maisie, hush!" I told her racing towards the door in a rush to let Travis in.

I opened the door and he's standing there, a magazine in one hand, and coffee in the other. I let him in and he thrusts the magazine at me. Grinning from ear to ear.

"Turn to page 34!" He said ecstatically. I do so and right there at the top of the page is the project that won me the art contest. Many comments of appreciation, and congratulations fill up the page.

I nearly scream in excitement, jumping up and down and colliding with Travis in a warm hug. I pull away from him and trace over the pages with my fingers, in a complete state of disbelief over whelming me.

"Lets go celebrate!" He said.

"Just let me grab my jacket!" I said running into the kitchen and grabbing my jacket of the table and wrapping it around my shoulders and walking back to the door.

"Wait! I have to take a picture of you and the magazine!" Travis smirks and I hold it up and he snaps a photo of it with his camera phone.

"Just like my mother would do." I laugh as we head out the door and down to Travis's car.

"Where are we going?" I ask him, as we drive down the road.

"You'll see!" He says pulling into one of my favorite restaurants. We get out and I notice the lights being off inside and it look dead quite.

We walk into the restaurant and I look around and see no one, suddenly the lights turn on brightly and people jump out at me from behind tables and walls, I am near tears.

"SURPRISE!!" Everyone including Travis shouts at the same time.

**PRESENT TIME**

"Around 2090, is the year everyone -other than you four- have either been turned into Dark Angels or have died from the curse not being lifted. If you fail to break the curse that is." The woman says to us. "Which is why, that is the year you four came here. To retrieve solitude from the war."

"Wait, so how are you all alive then? If we are the only four survivors?" I ask, scanning the room at the people sitting in front of us. They begin to fade in and out, like an illusion, some sort of vision.

"We are the AI's that Death created when he created the city of angels, in case anything like this would happen. He created us to aid in your salvation, and have been waiting for your arrival sine 2090. Death is still one of them, and the entire world is Raviera's playground now, which is why you are here."

"Where is...here?" Travis asks.

"Here is the center."

"The center of what?" I ask.

"The center of everything, we have the key to fix it all. Then your lives and everything will go back to normal, and this entire memory, and this place will erase it's self from existence."

Riley shakes his head in disbelief, "None of this makes a lick of sense."

"It doesn't have to make sense, for it is what it is."

"And what it is, is bulshit!" He slams his fist against the table hard, and stands up to walk out of the room; only to be met at the door by one of the AI's aggressively holding him back.

"There's no where for you to run, the center is all there is for you." Riley sighs in defeat and walks back to the table and sits down, throwing his feet on top of the table lazily.

"So what is this, key?"

The female AI walks to the back of the room and into a box, inside the box she pulls out a card. She walks back to the table and places it in front of us, it glows a bright shade of gold.

"You will return back to your time, and back inside of the City of Angels. From there, you will see a large tower. Enter that tower, Raviera resides on the top floor -floor 189 to be exact- avoid him at all costs. He can't see you, you need to search throughout every room in the tower, you must find the control room. We never got the memo of what room that is. The control room, has access to everything. And inside the control room, you will see countless numbers of cameras, watching every single area of the city of Angels. Look for the camera that points at a lake, go to that lake. Further instructions will be there for you."

"That's a shit ton of information to remember." I say, overwhelmed with the task at hand.