Status: ON GOING

Super Rich Kids

Chapter Three

I don't hate Mondays. I actually am looking forward to it because it means feeling refreshed, replenished and pumped for the whole week. I try to make my Monday roll as smoothly as possible because I believe that if you had a good Monday, your whole week will turn out to be pretty fine. Turns out, I am the only one in the Academy who has this weird fascination for Mondays. Students stomp their feet on the shiny linoleum floors of the academy angrily, loud groans and harsh words booming at the hallway and basic bitches (Shannon and Cassidy included) had freaking Frappucino on their freshly manicured hands as they battle with the hangover they had over the weekend. I smoothed my uniform out (a crisp white blouse, red skirt, long socks -I swear we're not from a porno) and my black Steve Madden shoes that I got over the weekend shopping with Jess. I made my way over to the lockers when I heard a loud groan on my left.

"I swear I'm never drinking again." Jess threw her hair out of frustration and I laughed at her, rummaging through my books needed for the rest of the day. Jess sipped on her own cup of coffee (in her defense, she drinks REAL coffee unlike those pretentious bitches that only goes to Starbucks for sweetened delights) and mumbled more incoherent words along the way. I noticed a couple of more students struggling as they dozed off their own lockers, indiscreetly punching their heads to wake up.

"And I've heard that over a million times already." I quipped, softly pushing Jess back in the hallway as we make our way to our first class. We spotted Liam and Louis wading through a throng of people with their own Rayban wayfarers etched on their faces.

We entered the classroom and I've never seen gloomier kids than ever before. Heads are planted on their desks while some are gently massaging their eyes in the hopes of nursing their throbbing heads. Nothing beats watching these dummies make through their way to hell.

Jess groaned for the millionth time again this morning while trying to open her LV bag, searching for her eye drops. After getting drunk with Harry till the wee hours of morning at Eleanor's balcony, we managed to get Jess home for the night. I insisted on helping Eleanor clean her house as promised but she told me to 'enjoy' the rest of my morning with the hang over since she already rented housekeeping services to keep her suite in bay. Plus, I'm not quite sure but she and Louis might have been doing their 10th round of the night in the process.

To say the party was fun was overrated. There wasn't something to go gossiping for weeks but it was fun and alright and I felt like after the major exams we all had the past week, I could say that we all needed all that fun and games. Harry and I drank almost the rest of the Louis' stock tequila and super secret stash of Absinthe and because we're not particularly sure how we got Jess and ourselves home (Thanks to Harry's super trusty driver) But then when we almost reached home, Niall's pathetic excuse of an ass called and asked for a ride (my hatred for drunk driving is contagious) so we had to go back and fetched his stoned ass. Zayn was still there but he is so high off his mind that he almost wrecked Eleanor's African vases near her porch. It was a catastrophe but anything to keep Zayn happy and... well, high.

"Why are you even happy? Mondays supposedly give you the creeps," Jess stammered, gently tapping the eye drops bottle to give her left eye a residue.

"I'm just really good at maintaining my hang over. Besides, I've had the whole day to sulk on to yesterday. You guys are all overreacting. Especially you," I commented, opening my Macbook to get myself started.

"The whole day wasn't enough to keep us all going. Sorry we don't have a talent of magically healing ourselves overnight," Jess sarcastically replied and I laughed. I am actually blessed that I know a couple of tricks in my sleeve that would make my hang over disappear. Same goes for Harry - yep that's how we roll.

"Our chef made me that hangover recipe again, spring rolls and foie grass soup so I woke up like this, feeling fresh and ready to start the week. See, I'm not taking all the credits." Jess rolled her eyes in annoyance at me when the bell finally rang. More students came lounging in their desks, waiting for our Physics teacher to arrive.

--

Lunch arrived and we're all cooped up at our usual lunch spot meaning the most coveted table in the school; smack in the middle of the academy fountain also known as the burrow. The burrow is one of the landmarks of our school that demonstrates the academy's standards and prestige and only a few are chosen to be at the spot. Every year, a group of "legendary" seniors pass on their desirable position to another group of juniors who are worth to the legacy. As expected, The Burrow spot was passed onto Harry by Ethan Lawrence - last year's academy student body president and Prom King. Albeit reluctant on giving the throne to Harry because of his known lack of responsibility and self-righteousness, Ethan knew he'd be fucked not to since it's practically written under the unofficial The Burrow Book of Rules that Harry Styles is meant for the spot considering his blood line - his Dad and older brothers have served and dined out at the same spot over the years. Basically, the Burrow is not just a battle of a cafeteria table - it also represents status, power and who're going to be in the future.

"This is madness. I can't believe they're only serving fatty cheese fries and roast beef. How am I supposed to deal with this?" Jess for the nth time, complained at the lunch table.

Both El and I rolled our eyes as we dug on to our own mess of greasy fries and roast beef. Normally we'd complain as well but since our stomach can actually swallow all of this mess in one seating then we guess that beggars cannot be choosers.

"I've been listening to her whines all weekend. Can you spare me a break?" I whispered to El as she cracks up. Louis and Niall came in and sat by our table shortly. I looked around and I expected to see a tall curly-head by the cafeteria line but to my disappointment, my best friend is nowhere to be found. I raised my eyebrows to Louis and Niall and both of them gave me a clueless look. Boys and their deficiency of sixth sense.

"Where's Harry?" I asked, swallowing a piece of my fries.

Niall shrugged while Louis furrowed his eyebrows. "I thought he's with you?"

"And why would he be with me?" I asked. I racked my brain for anything that held on my conversations with Harry but none of it came. We've had more wild drunken nights before but Harry made sure he goes to school every day. His father does not want him to neglect school if anything.

"I dunno, you guys left together last Saturday right?" Louis butted in, a suggestive look on his face coming. I rolled my eyes in annoyance as Eleanor nudged him in offense. One of the things Louis won't stop quitting is his huge devotion of me and Harry dating. Ever since we were kids, Louis never failed to link Harry and me romantically. In Louis Tomlinson's own perfect little world, Harry and I are living quietly in a mansion in Cheshire with three kids and a pet dog.

I began to open my mouth to form a sarcastic reply when Zayn Malik strolled in, wearing a plain shirt with his trademark of leather jacket and combat boots covering him. I gaped like a fish while Eleanor kicked me under the table and eyed at me with a look of "You-look-stupid-wipe-your-drool". I regained my composure and unconsciously wiped my mouth to avoid any cheesy fries embarrassment.

"Hey guys, how are you all doin'?" Zayn greeted and claimed his seat spot beside me. I inhaled deeply as I took a whiff of his strong perfume and cigarettes. I felt his forearm graze by own. I shook all my feelings aside and smiled softly.

"Hey man, why aren't you wearing the stupid uniform?" Niall asked, a stray of roast beef dangling in his mouth. Now can someone explain to me why Jess fancies my cousin so much?

Zayn smiled and opened the packed lunch prepared by his butler, Satur. Zayn is a practicing Muslim so he never buys anything from the school café. Between vegetable and fish, mixed with his favorite drink of lime juice with a teaspoon of rum, Zayn is a happy clam during lunch time.

"Just don't feel like it, man. Asked Satur to call the Headmaster and tell him we're all laundered up. Old man doesn't believe a single thing but what can he do?" Zayn laughed and shortly after, Niall and Louis were laughing as well. Truly certain that Zayn Malik is the resident bad boy in town. I mean, who gives the 'I just don't feel like it' reason around?

After a few minutes of silence and eating with my mind turning into mush between the thought of Zayn eating beside me and Harry being MIA, another member of The Burrow table, Liam sat by our table running. He has this anxious and frustrated look on his face and we stared at him, questioning his weird arrival.

"Don't even ask. Harry beat me up at the race again. That hungry for power doofus," Liam mumbled, getting a piece of Louis' Panini.

At the mention of Harry, I frantically turned to search for the dominant boy and seconds after, Harry came in wearing his cramped uniform and disheveled hair. Everyone in the room stopped and stared for a while upon the late arrival of their school's Burrow King. Harry plopped down at the vacant seat which is my right and began to snap his fingers up in the air. We all watched as a frantic burly junior appeared in front of us.

"Get me a rib-eye steak, medium well with cheddar chived mashed potatoes on the side," Harry barked, the burly junior getting whiter and whiter upon hearing Harry's every word. My eyes grew wide at his command and began shoving him.

"Do you guys want anything?" Harry shifted his gaze onto us while everyone gaped. Either everyone's overwhelmed (aka me) or found the situation funny.

"But the school café does not serve any of those..." the junior replied, a couple of his minions approaching.

Harry smirked and waved him off. "You think I eat cafeteria food? Of course not. I expect my meal to be here in 15 minutes, you can go." Harry finished, grabbing my apple juice and taking a sip of it. The junior with his minions began to run and stalk off, probably to fetch their cars and head to the nearest steakhouse to comply with Harry orders when, "Oh, and don't forget my vitamin water, please." Harry followed shortly. Eleanor, Jess and I gasped while the five boys laughed and high fived. Sometimes I wonder why I even bother.

"Seriously you guys, that's not funny. Did you see the look upon that kid's face? You are all such pigs!" Eleanor spatted, eyeing each boys with hatred.

All of them continued laughing. Even Niall stood up to tap Harry's shoulder to congratulate him. I rolled my eyes in annoyance and turned to see Jess gaping at Niall once again. I kicked her foot under the table and she almost released a huge gasp in reply. She glared at me and I flashed her "Stop-gazing-like-a-fish" look.

"That's just a measly command! That asshole is trying to sell his soul for next year's spot so let's see what he's got." Harry smirked.

"But Ethan didn't even ask a single thing from you last year!" Eleanor defended as Louis tries to peck his girlfriend's cheek and failing. Pissed Eleanor is pissed.

"Chill out, El. And of course that faggot didn't command me anything. I'm practically a living legend."

Liam snorted while Niall and Zayn cracked up. I huffed in response and continued eating my now soggy meal. I noticed Zayn inching closer to my seat and I prayed to God for guidance. Oh what I'd give just for him to grab my hand and take me to the nearest lavatory.

"What would you do if those juniors won't make it to your given time, Haz?" Louis asked curiously, smoothing Eleanor's brown locks in which she permitted.

"Dunno, probably sell them out to the Headmaster for breaking the rule of going out during lunch break," Harry answered, scanning his phone for messages. Juniors and below aren't allowed to go out during lunch break and would consider it as cutting when caught.

Out of the blue, I noticed something bruising at Harry's right forearm, almost invisible and not noticeable if one won't really take 5 minutes gazing at it; I knew it's not something someone would get from a chunk of wood or furniture.

I eyed Harry warily and he looked at me in confusion.

"What's on your arm?" I asked, grazing his right arm in order to further inspect the bruise. Harry swallowed harshly and waved my hand off his arm. Weird. He looked at me in panic but then something must have clicked when that goddamn smirk returned on his face.

"Challenged Liam to a friendly game of speed racing and things got pretty heated, eh, Li?" Harry responded, teasing Liam while he huffs. "Chillax, Dyl. I hit myself at the dashboard when I was about to take the huge u-turn that made Liam turn and lose." Liam began to complain that Harry cheated and made a short detour at Mapples Street but I tuned him out and eyed for the bruising part of Harry's arm again. Louis caught me staring but he nudged and mouthed, 'Don't worry about him,' so I've got no choice but to nod.

But of course I wouldn't. I will always worry, especially when it comes to Harry.

--

I grabbed my Birkin backpack from my locker and searched for my keys to my baby, Pixie. I got Pixie - a HennesyVenom GT last year for my 18th birthday. It wasn't the car that I exactly wanted considering it's too expensive and I'd prefer a Fire engine red Porsche but who am I to complain?

"I thought we're good already?" I heard the familiar voice while I was fixing the backseat of my beloved Pixie. I turned around and saw Harry's disheveled appearance, leaning on the hood of my car. I made my way over him and proceeded to grab on his right arm sleeve to inspect the bruise. As I expected, the faint bruise earlier turned into some ugly purple circle, the discoloration of his skin now obvious. Harry didn't attempt to get out of my grasp and after a couple of seconds later, I stared at him and mustered the harshest glare I could ever give.

Harry sighed as he finally wriggled out of my grasp. He bit his lip and began to scratch the back of his neck. I decided that I'd have to get started in order for him to start speaking.

"Seriously, Harry, is that why you're late?" I asked, eyeing him as if he's completely bare.

Harry swallowed hardly as if he's trying to digest a big rock in his throat. His eyes were everywhere but me and I knew right then and there that this is a serious matter we have to talk about.

"Is that from your Dad?" I tried again.

Harry's face became rigid as he searched for the right answers he have yet to give me. I can see that he's in a full contemplation mode about either telling me the truth or coming up with some fake, bullshit excuse to get out of it. I huffed in annoyance so I gave him a piece of my mind when I shoved him out of my sight. I opened my car door and began to put the key into the ignition. Harry knocked on my door but I decided to ignore him. He ran up to the other side of the door and buckled himself in silently. I sighed and turned my face into my windshield mirror, observing the Cheerleading team butting their assess out at the Football team.

Harry remained silent and I suddenly wanted to give up. I know Harry more than anyone and if it's something he doesn't want to talk about, no matter what the other person tries to do, Harry wouldn't force himself to spit it out.

"Look, Harry, I wouldn't force you to-"

"It came from Cedric." He replied, forcefully looking up at me. I can see from his pensive expression that he's embarrassed and disappointed for telling me but what I actually felt was fury and sadness.

Cedric Roswell Styles is the eldest among the Styles children. 5 years older than Daniel and Gemma, the infamous Styles twins and 7 years older than Harry. He's the carbon copy of their Dad; Strict, firm, a law maker and impatient. Cedric is next in line for the coveted Styles throne - meaning, once Des Styles decided to retire all businesses the Styles family owns will be governed and ruled by Cedric. Though I have heard from a debutante meeting years ago that Harry's also competing for the role since -gasp- he's apparently Des' favourite. I tried telling Harry the infamous gossip I overheard from my mum's colleagues but he waved it off and said it's completely impossible since Cedric is definitely the most responsible and more inclined to face the business world. Plus, it would be unfair to Cedric since he's been trained to become the biggest tycoon of United Kingdom ever since he was born. Cedric breathed and lived for that title and it would absolutely crush his heart if his father decided not to give the power to him.

But months have passed and ever since, Harry would go straight to my room or ask for random hang outs with a scowl on his face whenever Cedric goes on his way. Cedric and Harry are never close, heck, Cedric's not even close to Gemma and Daniel as well but lately it seems like he has a huge pitch and bullet pointed at Harry. There, I came to realise that maybe what I heard was right. Maybe Harry's father was really considering Harry to be the next in line.

I exhaled loudly, turning off my ignition. I know Harry might be a little harsh and arrogant but he's a huge cornball on the inside. He loves his family so much that he's willing to keep all Cedric's lambast to himself rather than confronting and selling him out to anyone in the family. He doesn't like drama so I know how much this has been killing him.

"You know this isn't the first time Cedric did something to you. I know you guys have been fighting but physical? How?" I managed to ask and I feel like crying because I cannot believe how Harry's been nonchalant about this.

Harry looked at me dejected. I know he hates seeing me like this - sad and disappointed because of him. "Look, you don't have to worry about it, okay? I said something that he didn't like so I deserved it too. Plus, it's not like it hurt." Harry tried to explain, smiling at the end of his last word to show that he is unfazed. I wanted to believe him, I do, but sometimes knowing Harry so much can be my downfall too.

I managed to gave him a smile but it turned out to be a sneer. Harry laughed, reached out and embraced me. I almost laughed at the irony that it seems like Harry's the one comforting me when I should be the one consoling him. I embraced him as tightly as I could and shook him a little bit. Harry chuckled and pulled away, giving me a soft peck on the cheek.

"There's no reason to be sad, Dylan. I swear I'm fine. You worry about me too much!" Harry complained. I flipped him the bird and turned on the engine again. Just like that, his bruise and his problem with Cedric is now forgotten just like a page from a book that is concealed in a dark library.

"So, where to?"

Harry smiled. "Do you wanna go to the mall and bully the shit out of those juniors?" He suggested, earning an eyeroll from me.

That's the thing with Harry, he avoids confrontations and drama at all costs even though he gets so much shit in the end but since I've got no choice but to support and make sure I'm always on his side, I have no right to force and push him to his limits.

"I thought you'd never ask."
♠ ♠ ♠
Heyya lovies!

Another chapter to shower on to you guys, what do you think? This shows the proper relationship between our lead characters.

I'd love it if you push in a few buttons on that comment section below xo