It Cannot Get Any Worse

Getaway Vehicle

The bike trail mostly wound through the woods. This kept Darrin from attracting too much attention, but also prevented him from finding an empty likely house where he could ditch the Bunny suit and get some clothing and a car. After crossing the road and running along the opposite side for a while, the trail led to a long narrow wooden bridge over a canal. Since Darrin was wobbling all over the place on the tiny bicycle and the bridge railings were awfully close together, he got off and walked, carrying the bike. Halfway across the bridge, he heard some yelling, looking back he saw two young kids riding onto the bridge, some adults were chasing them about a hundred yards behind. “Did they really run all this way from the party?” He thought to himself.

The kids were on the bridge getting closer and yelling something about "bad bunny." Damn kids, I need to get rid of them or I will have to kill them and their parents too. I cannot let them see me.
Darrin did not kill kids. He had to find a plan. Lacking anything better to use, Darrin threw the bicycle at the kids as they rode their bikes towards him on the bridge. They went down in a tangle of bikes and screaming children. Well, that would keep the adults tied up for a while. Darrin took off running down the bridge and continued following the trail towards where he hoped the big bridge off the island would be found.