Status: Ongoing

Skirts vs. Jeans

Chapter Six

Ten minutes had passed and we were driving along the highway now. We were out of town and it seemed as if we were going towards the city. So I decided to pipe up and ask.

"Where are we going?" I asked the concentrating boy.

"Into the city." Vic replied. He cast me a quick glance before looking back on the road.

"But why?"

"For our date."

"What are we doing?" I persisted.

Vic rolled his eyes. "Shh. It's a suprise." He hushed me. He moves his arm over me, opening the console in front of me and grabbed a CD out then closing it. He slipped the CD into his stereo and seconds later AC/DC filled the cars silence.

I rolled my eyes at the strange mysterious boy. I made myself comfortable in my seat and gazed out the window. The sun was nearly gone. It was mostly a dark, but bright, night sky. Stars littered the black sky. Yet and the horizons there was the soft orange and pink colour. I smiled to myself, I love sunsets.

Twenty minutes passed and we were finally driving into town. It was a bit past seven and it was completely dark now. Apart from the bright lights of the city and the shinning stars.

"Wow." I whispered looking out the window. "It's so pretty.."

"Never been into the city?" Vic asked.

I shook my head. "I have, once or twice. Never at night."

"You lived in LA though, that's much better than here."

"No. Everyone says it's pretty but it's not. Busy as all hell, casinos everywhere, it drains nature." I shrugged.

I saw Vic glance at me, then the road, shrug and continue driving. We continued driving for a few minutes until Vic parked in the parking lot of what seemed to be a small cute cafe.

He turned off the car and took off his seatbelt. He got out and ran to the other side, opening the door for me. I smiled and got out. "Thank you, peasant." I grinned.

Vic rolled his eyes. "Come with me, royal pain in the ass." He grabbed my hand, linking our fingers together, then led me into the cafe.

"So many sexual jokes could be made." I whined.

Vic smirked and opened the door for me. We went into the cafe and and over to where a person was standing. "Table for two, Fuentes."

The girl looked up and smiled. "Of course, this way.. Uh.. Gentleman." She stuttered. She grabbed two menus and led us to our table. I brushed off the gentleman thing, because I was currently female and male yet neither at the same time. We got to our table and sat down. The waitress gave us menus then left.

"Did I mention you look cute tonight?" Vic asked making me blush.

"You may have." I said softly. "Did I mention you look quite attractive?"

Vic smiled at me. "You may have." He mocked. I blushed and looked down at my menu.

A waitress walked over to our table and gave us a kind smile. "Hi, I'm your waitress Brittany. What would you like to order today?"

"Could I please have the steak, medium rare, with chips and vegetables?" Vic said.

Brittany nodded. "And for you.. Uh.. Sir?" She said, directing it to me.

"Um.." I mumbled. "May I please have a large Caesar salad?"

"Alright." Brittany nodded. "Would you like anything to drink?"

"Non-alcoholic wine for the both of us please." Vic said.

Brittany nodded. She wrote down our orders then went to the kitchen. I looked around the cafe. It was full of blue and pink colours. I turned my attention back to Vic who was smiling at me.

"What?" I questioned, tilting my head.

"Nothing." He smiled more, shaking his head. I bit my lip, trying to stop myself from smiling.

Brittany came back with a bottle of the non-alcoholic wine and two wine glasses. She poured the wine into our glasses then went back into the kitchen.

I took a sip of the wine, licking my lips after. "This seems so fancy, but.. Not fancy."

Vic chuckled. "Yeah. Me and my grandma used to come here all the time."

"Aw, how sweet." I smiled. "So it's a sweet place for you." He nodded. "Do you come here still?"

Vic shook his head. "She passed away. Few months back."

"Oh, I'm so sorry."

"It's okay." Vic smiled. He moved his hand on to the table, grabbing mine and holding it tightly with his. I smiled.

Brittany came back with our meals, putting them in front of us. "Is there anything else you need?" She asked politely.

"A plate of fries for us to share please." Vic said. Brittany nodded left, then came back with a large bowl of fries. She also handed a napkin to Vic.

Vic looked at the napkin, his eyebrows furrowing. He frowned and scrunched the paper up.

"What is it?" I questioned.

"She gave me her number." Vic frowned.

I scoffed. "What a bitch.." I mumbled under my breath.

"Anyway. Let's eat, yeah?" Vic asked with a smile. I nodded and we dug into or food, talking to each other about ourselves and anything we could think of really.

I finished eating my salad and I was just chewing on the fries while Vic finished off his salad. He finished his food and Brittany came back to collect the dishes. "Would you like to order anything for desert?" She asked.

"A cheesecake for both of us." Vic answered.

"Oh and, don't hit on him please." I smiled at Brittany while pointing at Vic. Her eyes widened, before she got an angry look on her face.

"Whatever, tranny." She scoffed. My eyes narrowed, and I glared at her as she walked away.

"Whatever, slut." I mocked, rolling my eyes.

"Someone's got a bit of an attitude." Vic teased.

"Shut up.." I mumbled.

Brittany came back with our cheesecakes and as she was walking away I 'accidentally' made her trip. "Ah! What the hell!?" She gasped. She stood up, brushing herself off. "Why'd you trip me over, you stupid tranny!?" She yelled at me.

I shrugged. "Don't call me tranny sweetie." I said in a calm tone.

"But that's what you are!" She spat. "And don't call me sweetie, tranny."

I rolled my eyes. "Actually I'm not a tranny. I'm a normal human being with a heart and a brain just like you. But your heart is black and your brain is probably the size of a pea, saying that you just made fun of someone your own species just because they're different to you."

I saw someone with their phone out, filming us, and a lot of people's attention had been drawn in. "Now. I could get you fired. Because one, you gave my date your number while you're working. Two, you called me a tranny."

Her eyes were wide and her jaw was on her floor. She stuttered random sounds until there was a call for her name. She ducked her head and scurried off to what would be the back room. I scoffed and straightened up, eating my cheesecake.

"No remorse from you.." Vic said. I shrugged. "You okay?" He asked me.

I smiled and nodded. "People like that just piss me off."

Vic nodded. "Understandable." Then we finished our cheesecakes, joking around. We got our check, paid, then left. We got into the car and Vic started driving back home, the two of us talking the whole ride.
♠ ♠ ♠
People get butthurt easily. I'm sick and dying. And I'm watching Voltron. Cool thanks.