Status: Ongoing

Skirts vs. Jeans

Chapter Thirty Four

Vic was driving us all to my place, but then Axel got a text from Oli, and now we're heading to his house.

He was very hesitant about it, not wanting us to go to his place. But we're a very stubborn group.

"Come on Axel." I whined. "It can't be that bad."

"That depends on your definition of bad." Axel said, pointing a finger at me.

"Axel has a point. His house is a little messy, and his family is a little wacky." Lexi said.

Axel snorted. "Bullshit. My house is a dump and my family are fucking insane."

We still went, Axel giving directions. Eventually we ended up on the poor side of town, more run down side.

We pulled up to a small house. There was cardboard over the Windows. A hole near the door. And the door would probably fall off if you poked it to hard.

The garden was nice though. Very pretty. But the house was just.. Disgusting.

We all clambered out and made our way through ththe nice garden up to the disgusting front porch.

Axel grabbed his keys out of the backpack he brought with him and opened up the door. "Alright, come on in."

We all walked in and looked around. Okay, it is a dump. Clothes lay everywhere. Books, magazines, vinyls, CD's. Hair ties and beads where everywhere on the floor.

Axel lead us into what I think is the living room, which looked worse. Alcohol bottles everywhere, empty fast food boxes.

A lady sat in an armchair, just watching the TV. It was currently playing Gilmore Girls.

"Mum." Axel spoke, making the lady's head turn to face him. "I bought some friends over. We're just going to go down to my room."

The lady just shook her head. "My prayers tonight are for you sinners to get out of your faggot faze." Was all she said before she looked back at the TV.

We all looked at Axel with wide eyes. He was already walking off to a different room. The kitchen.

There was a heavy looking black door in said room. Axel walked over to it, unlocking it. "Go down there. I'll be down in like five minutes."

We all nodded and did as told. Axel opened the door for us and we all made our way down. He shut the door behind us and we continued down the stairs.

There was another door, but thankfully it was unlocked, and we walked into the room.

It was clean. Very clean. Everything was neatly placed and probably in order.

"This is very different from upstairs." Mike commented. We all nodded in agreement.

"Has Axel's mum always been like that?" Tony asked Lexi quietly.

Lexi nodded. "For as long as I can remember– actually that's a lie. They used to be the picture perfect family."

We all looked at her in question. "A happy, carefree daughter. Slightly rebellious, like any kid. A mum who loved to care for her family. A father who always joked around. And a brother who was always there and helping around."

"The brother became a drunk. The father stopped taking his medicine for his bipolar disorder. The mother has gotten hit by the father, internal damage. The daughter, changed more then the other three."

Then she didn't say anymore. There were shouts from upstairs then Axel came down, carrying some food. He locked both doors then smiled at us.

He had a bright red mark on his cheek, but he acted like he didn't notice. He placed the food down on his bed.

"Make yourselves at home." Was what he said. Me, Vic, Lexi and Jaime sat on his large bed. Mike and Tony bought over beanbags and Axel bought over his chair.

"Axel. I hope you don't mind me asking, what happened?" I asked, pointing at his face.

"Ah. Just my brother hitting me, no big deal." He brushed it off.

"Your brother hit you?" I asked softly.

"Yeah yeah. It's fine." He said, waving his hand.

"Axel. It's not fine you can talk to us." I said sympathetically.

"Drop it. Don't ask anymore questions." Axel said in a voice that scared us all. It had no emotion, just, dull.

We all went silent, just kinda looking around. Axel then smiled as he pulled out his phone. "Eat up. Drink up."

(Text conversation between Axel and Oli.)

OliOlive: hey Axel

Axxy: hello.

OliOlive: formal, OK. So, about that date. How bout tonight?

Axxy: sure, I'm free

OliOlive: great!
♠ ♠ ♠
Question of the day: have you watched anime?