Status: Ongoing

Skirts vs. Jeans

Chapter Thirty Five

Everyone had left like five minutes ago and I was just sitting there on my bed. I was so nervous. My past two relationships didn't end well.

And Oli isn't known for being nice. But he, the school asshole, asked me, the nerdiest emo, on a date.

I was panicking slightly. Because I'm actually starting to like this guy. But I know not everything's going to come easy.

I went on to the group chat to talk with everyone, even though I saw them ten minutes ago.

Axolotl: how do I date

TinkerBell: well first, you get a date

Axolotl: well first, fuck you

Hedgehog: only I can do that

Axolotl: ew

ToneTurtle: just be yourself

Axolotl: ew

ToneTurtle: okay don't be yourself, apparently all you can say is ew

Axolotl: not true, I can also say fuck

WhiskeyHands: put that in a sentence and say, 'fuck me'

Axolotl: fffffffuuuuuuuckkkkkkkkkk....... No

TurdTits: you got this axel

TurdTits: damnit Kells what did I say about changing my name

KingOfQueens: d t

ToneTurtle: 'do it'

TurdTits: no, Kelly.

KingOfQueens: Victurd Fuentits

TurdTits: why are you like this

KingOfQueens: :) :( ;) <3 •-• •_• 0-0 *^*

Axolotl: this didn't help

Axolotl: Oli is here

Axolotl: fuck me sideways

Axolotl: okay bye

KingOfQueens: tll s ll bt t whn y gt bck

I turned off my phone and put it in my pocket. I then put my wallet and keys in my other pocket.

I unlocked the first door, then locked it. Walked up the stairs and unlocked the second door, then locked it.

"You have a... Friend." Was what my dad said before walking away. "Stay out all night. I don't care."

I sighed but quickly made my way for the door, which was wide open, and saw Oli.

I smiled at him and walked out, shutting the door behind me. "Hi." I smiled.

"Hi..?" He said, but more like a question as he raised his eyebrow. "Uh... Ready to go?"

I nodded with a smile. "Sure am." We walked to his car and got in.

"So." Oli said as he started his car. "What was that?" He asked.

"What was what?" I asked innocently. Pleasedontaskaboutmyfamil–

"Your dad, I think, was a bit of an asshole when he opened the door." Well fuck. "I'm taking his child out on a date, shouldn't he like... Lecture me?"

"My dad couldn't care less." I sighed. "He's just one of those parents."

"Ah." Was what Oli said. "My parents aren't great either. They always tried to make me be like my brother."

"Tried?"

"They stopped after he passed away."

"Oh. Sorry for your loss." I said, with real sympathy. "If you don't mind me asking.. How di–"

"Suicide." Oli said bluntly.

I looked over at Oli, shock evident in my face. He just stared at the road.

I put my hand on his thigh and he looked over at me. His eyes held a mixture of emotions. But I couldn't tell what his face was expressing.

"Where are we going?" I asked, deciding to change the topic.

"Well, I don't really know what you like.. So I just kinda booked us a table at a buffet." Oli said kinda awkwardly.

"That's cool. I like buffets. Lots of foo–... Oh.. Oli.." I realised then. Oli has an eating disorder.

"No, no. It's okay." Oli shook his head. "Um, I'm okay with looking at food and smelling it. But maybe if I get compliments I maybe actually eat some food maybe..." He mumbled the last part.

I smiled. I was seeing his vulnerable side. "I'll give you every compliment in the book." And I swear I saw Oli smile.

We sat in silence for the rest of the ride. Oli had put a CD in, Suicide Silence.

When we finally arrived at the Buffet, I noticed it was quite busy. "There's a lot of people..." I mumbled.

"It's okay. I got us a quiet area." Oli assured. He parked his car, which did I mention it's a old Chevrolet.

We walked inside and went to reception. Oli told us we had booked and they told us to take a seat while our waiter/waitress prepares the table. Or something.

A few minutes later, the waitress came out and she took us to our table. It was more quiet, out in the open air. Only a few other people were out here.

Me and Oli filled up our plates, one person waiting at the table. I grabbed a heap, but Oli didn't get all that much. But at least he got some.

"I wanna get to know you more." Oli said.

"Likewise." I replied.

He rolled his eyes but started asking questions. "Favourite colour?"

"Hm– wait. Why is there no meat on your plate?" I said, pointing at his meatless plate.

"I'm vegetarian." He said like it was obvious.

"Well okay. And red, yours?"

"I like blue. Favourite animal?"

"All of them, except humans."

"Angsty teen. I like wolves."

"And your not an angsty teen?"

"Nope!"

We continued asking questions and talking, getting to know each other. Eventually, Oli actually finished his plate.

He stared down at his empty plate with wide eyes. He started stuttering, coming up with some bullshit I bet.

"Before you say anything, don't." I said. "This was good. I know it was a lot at once. But it's good. Don't think of it as a bad thing. You're... Beautiful. And if being so skinny that your near death makes you realise that, then I'll leave now."

He looked up at me with these big, puppy dog eyes. And I just wanted to melt and say sorry. "You–you're guilt tripping me! You can't do that!"

"I'm not, Oli. I'm being honest. I don't want to be associated with someone where it takes them to their death bed to realise that their beautiful, any shape or size."

I saw a few tears slip from the corner of his puppy dog eyes and I realised, emotions for him change in the snap of a finger.

"Okay.." He whispered. "Then please help me."

I quickly got out of my chair and went over to him, giving him a big hug. "Of course, Oli.."

He nuzzled his face into my neck and squeezed my tight. I'm falling for this boy, hard.

We finally let go and I finished my dinner then we got some desert. I got a bunch of chocolate and Oli got a small slice of cake.

Eventually we decided to leave and Oli said he had another place planned.

So he drove to that place and it was an outdoors theatre. I was happy with that. I love movies and the nighttime.

The movie that was playing was The Nightmare On Elm Street. Oli went and bought some popcorn and skittles.

Then he grabbed two blankets from the back for us to use. And I mean share. Because he pulled me into his lap.
♠ ♠ ♠
Question of the day: biggest fear?

Mine is loosing people I love, and spiders.