Sequel: Heaven Tonight

Gone with the Sin

Kiss our fears goodbye

“The house lights come on and it signals yet another end to an amazing concert.” I speak into my camera as I manage to exit the venue. Victoria had to leave early because a co-worker called her in a frantic state. So this left me along to do some interviews. It sucks that Victoria had to leave early but thankfully I don’t have to hear her constantly tell me Ville Valo was eye fucking me...again.

I’m walking outside interviewing various fans as well as filming the crowd of people exiting the building, when a guy walks up to me. He’s dressed similarly to me, all black with old school trip pants that have one too many chains. His makeup is smeared and he’s stumbling around. By the time he truly reached me, we are near the tour buses and far away from any other person.

“Hey are you JD, that famous travel blogger on Youtube?” The drunk man asks. “You’re the person falling HIM around the country, right? I was told to find you if I wanted to be featured on your blog.” He’s getting close to me, uncomfortably so. “How about we go somewhere private and you can interview me about my experience.” He whispers in my ear, sending a chill down my spine. “I promise something will be in it for you.”

“You’re drunk.” I calmly say as I pull away from him, causing him to stumble a little. “I don’t talk to drunk assholes, especially not ones that are trying to get down my pants.” I turn around and try to walk away, only to be stopped by the man grabbing my wrist and roughly pulling me back towards him. His arms are wrapped tightly around my waist. He has me pinned closely against his body, so close I can feel a semi-hard on through his pants.

“I’m not going to take no for an answer.” He hisses in my ear. “Besides, you can’t be this much of a prude can you? I mean look at this outfit you’re wearing? Look at how short this skirt is.” I feel his hand drop from my waist and move up my thigh, going up under my skirt. My heart begins to race and an involuntary whimper escapes my lips. I could feel his smirk right up against my ear. “Come on what do you say?”

“I say go to hell!” I yell, loud enough in hopes that someone on those buses will hear me. I elbow him in ribs in an attempt to get away. And it works for a little bit but not long after I’m out of his grasp, I find myself tackled then pinned to ground; struggling to get free..

“Get the fuck off of her.” A voice of an angel yells out and soon I feel the drunk asshole ripped off of me revealing Ville and Mige from HIM standing there. Mige is dragging the son of a bitch off, cursing at him in Finnish, while Ville rushes towards me to make sure I’m okay. “Are you okay? Did that asshole hurt you?”

“I’m fine.” I managed to say despite the fact I’m completely starstruck right now. Ville Valo is kneeling right next to me! “He’s just a drunk asshole that wanted something I wasn’t gonna give him.”

“Drunk or not, he had no right to do that to you.” He sternly says. “Come on, let me help you up. Is there anyone I can call for you? Do you need a ride or anything?”

“I’m fine.” I repeat myself. “My hotel is right down the road; walking distance basically. I’m fine, go back to celebrating a show well done.” He looks at me and looks directly into my eyes.

“I’ve seen you before.” He states. “You were at not only tonight’s show but yesterdays as well and even the show in Phoenix. Front row for each show. I could never forget those eyes.” I can feel my cheeks growing hot. “I’m Ville, but I’m sure you already know that.”

“I’ve been a fan of HIM for 12 years, since I was 15. So yea I knew that.” I let out a little chuckle. “I’m Jezebel.”

“Come on, let’s get you to the tour bus.” He says as he helps me up off the ground. I’m just about to protest come on the tour bus with him when he stops me. “It’ll make me feel better. Got to make sure that asshole isn’t out there. Mige is scary but he won’t scare that drunk ass for long.”

“Fine but I won’t stay long, just long enough for me to get in contact with my friend that lives in the city.” I say. “I don’t want to get in the way or anything.”

“A face like yours won’t get in the way.” He smiles before taking my hand and leading back to his bus.

**

“Hey Victoria, are you able to come pick me up?” I ask my best friend as I lean up against HIM’s tour bus; a cigarette dangling between my fingers. “Something happened after you left the concert.”

“ARE YOU OKAY?” Victoria panics. “Please tell me nothing bad happening to you.” I can hear the faint jingle of her keys as well as a cat wailing in the background. “Get off my coat you asshole.” Victoria yells at her cat, causing a chuckle to escape my lips. “Where are you now?”

“I’m fine now, I’ll give you the details of the event when you get here.” I tell her, answering her first question. “I’m by the tour buses now.”

“You better tell me what happened when I get there.” She sternly tells me. “Or I’ll kick your ass.”

“I will.” I assure her. “See you soon.” I hang up the phone before taking a long drag out of the cigarette Ville offered me. I quit smoking a couple months ago but after the night I had, a cigarette is exactly what I need.

From the corner of my eye I see Ville staring at me. I turn to him and playfully narrow my eyes. “You do know staring is rude right?”

“You don’t seem like the girl that smokes.” He states.

“It’s a nasty habit I picked up in college.” I explain. “I quit a few months ago but tonight is a good night as any to pick it back up.”

“What school did you go to?” He asks. “If you don’t mind me asking.”

“Temple University in Philly.” I reply. “I majored in Photography and minored in English Lit.”

“That’s an odd combination.”

“Not really.” I shrug. “English Lit is written words telling a story. Photography is telling a story but not using words at all. Both can be extremely poetic and romantic; you just can to find that right person that can see through the veil.”

Ville looks as if he’s truly pondering my words. “I guess that’s true. Your mother must love you being an Arts major, huh?”

“She still isn’t a fan.” I reply with a chuckle. “She wanted me to got into a STEM career but I couldn’t do it. I’m not her. She’s a retired chemical engineer. She’s cold and calculating and I’m neither. I’m overly emotional and see the romantic side to everything. My sister and brother are like her. I’m like her ex-husband; and she resents that I believe.”

“I’m sorry to hear that.” He frowns.

“I’ve accepted this long ago.” I assure him with a smile. “My mom and I will never see eye to eye no matter what I do. She’ll never support my career unless I turn into a carbon copy of her. But fuck that! I love my job. I get to travel the world and see it.”

“You’re something else aren’t you?” He chuckles. “You feeling better?”

“Yea,” I smile. “Thank you for coming to my rescue. I might not have said it before but I really appreciate you coming in like you did. Things could have ended a lot different if you hadn’t.”

“No man should ever treat a woman like that.” He states. “Men like that are scum. Just be careful out there okay? I’d hate for something bad to happen to you.”

“Don’t worry my dearest white knight, I’ll be fine. I’ll be better prepared after this.” I promise him. “I’m not going to let one horrible event tear me away from seeing you guys again.”

“Again?” He questions me. “Are you going to yet another tour?”

“Try all of your North American tour dates.” I sheepishly admit. “I’m a blogger and I cover concerts and concert experiences. And I took it upon myself to follow the final tour.”

“Wow, that impressive.” He smirks. “So I get to see your lovely face in the crowd every night?”

“I’m not stalking you or anything, promise.

“I might just have to make sure you’re safe at every show. I wouldn’t want you to get in danger again.”

“What are you saying?” I question him. But before he can reply, I hear the honking of Victoria’s car’s horn. “I guess my ride is here.”

“Hand me your phone.” I tells him. I give him a strange look but do as I was told.

He quickly types in something before handing me the phone back. “Text me when you get to your hotel; as soon as you get there. I want to make sure you are safe.”

“Do you do this will all of your fans?” I question him with a smirk.

“Just the ones I want to make sure are okay.” He smiles before walking onto the bus. With a smile on my lips I turn around and walk towards Victoria’s car. She’s not going to believe this...
♠ ♠ ♠
comment&subscribe?