Status: Chapter 17|Updated 03.03.2020

Hold on Tight

Haley Anderson | Tyler Seguin


March 2013

Haley didn’t know what to do. She gave too much of herself to him, and now that he wasn’t hers anymore, she didn’t know what her next step was. Over a year – they had been together for over a year and never once did he tell her he didn’t want the future she had been planning. That he didn’t see them years own the road together – barely even saw them together past the next month.

She wasn’t an unrealistic person. She never had been. She wasn’t the one who dreamed farther than she could reach. She liked to live in the moment and not think too much about what her future held – at least, not until she met him, and definitely not until he had hinted to what theirs could look like together.

And she wasn’t stupid. She knew that they were young, she knew that a boy his age didn’t usually want to think about settling down or white picket fences – but he. Brought. It. Up. Made some coy comment about how their kids would be smart and talented, what with her brains and his athletics. The total package, he said, him and her. And kids. So she started to imagine it. And she liked it. She fell in love with it. She wanted it.

Yet not even a month later, and here she was, falling to pieces on her dorm room mattress, because he decided he didn’t want it anymore.

Haley wiped the tears off her face angrily, not able to understand how she was crying about it. She was twenty-one, about to graduate college and start grad school in the fall. It wasn’t the end of her life. She had so much more to live and she wasn’t going to let one stupid boy make her a bumbling mess. She had been hurt before, and she managed to pick herself up and become better for it.

And that’s what she was going to do. She was going to become better – show him that she wasn’t in as deep as she really was. Wasn’t as devastated as she seemed when she met him and his teammates at the bar the day before he was set to meet her parents for the first time, only to have him tell her that he needed a break to live his NHL life – all while a pretty blonde hung on his arm.

No. She was going to show herself that he didn’t matter – and that started with accepting a graduate position somewhere other than Boston.
  1. [One] To Pass The Time
  2. [Two] The Girl From Boston
  3. [Three] Traded
  4. [Four] So You Won't Know
  5. [Five] A Nealer Girl
    Thank you FootieJo for the comment!
  6. [Six] Nothing to Lose
    Thank you FootieJo & missann10 for the comments!
  7. [Seven] I Get It
    Thank you samjo45, FootieJo & KitoftheKat for the comments!
  8. [Eight] I Just Want A Chance
    Thank you FootieJo for the comment!
  9. [Nine] Think About It
    Thank you FootieJo, Extreme-as-FMX, and BFMVlova for the comments!
  10. [Ten] What If
    01.08.19
  11. [Eleven] It's All I Have
    01.09.19|Thank you KitoftheKat and TheLovelessXxX for the comments!
  12. [Twelve] I Never Told You
    01.19.19|Thank you FootieJo and TheLovelessXxX for the comments!
  13. [Thirteen] You Make Me Nervous
    01.20.19|Thank you Thatmom & TheLovelessXxX & FootieJo for the comments!
  14. [Fourteen] *** you, Seguin
    Thank you FootieJo & Thatmom & samjo45 for the comments!
  15. [Fifteen] Maybe
    Thank you FootieJo, Extreme-as-FMX, TheLovelessXxX and Pittfan22 for the comments!!
  16. [Sixteen] I Did Too
    Thank you Thatmom for the comment!
  17. [Seventeen] Am I not supposed to?
    Thank you woodpiles and BFMVlova for the comments!
  18. [Eighteen] Not This
  19. [Nineteen] No Post-Its?