You Leave Me With a Dangerous Taste

Twelve

Monday evening, Alex told me I had a day off on Wednesday; that he would be home the entire day and could take care of William himself.

Monday night, I put out my outfit for the next day, deciding to wear a tight low cut white tee.

Tuesday morning, Alex stood around a little longer than usual after I took over making sure William had his breakfast.

Tuesday afternoon, he came home early but claimed he still had to work in his study. He would watch me intently whenever I happened to walk past.

Tuesday evening, I asked him if he needed help with dinner or if I could go home. He didn’t reply and just stared at me as if he was waiting for me to answer a question he had asked. He walked me out but still didn’t say a word as I got in my car.

Wednesday morning, I got up ‘early’ and made Jack pancakes before waving him off.

Wednesday afternoon, I started cleaning up the house despite it already being fairly organized. I needed something to do.

That’s when the doorbell rang.

I finished straightening out the throw blanket hanging over the backrest of the couch and wiped my hands together as if I had done some dirty work and walked toward the door. All I expected was a delivery man who was bringing me a package for my neighbor. But the man stood in front of me was no stranger. I had explored and seen every single crevice of his body.

“Well, what a surprise,” I smirked while leaning against the doorframe and crossing my arms, “although a little creepy. I never told you where I lived.”

“Yet I still found you,” Alex replied with a shrug, his hands stuffed in the front pockets of his jeans.

I was just amused that he had gone out of his way to find out where I lived and went out to search for me despite not even knowing if I’d be there. Playing hard to get did work. All I had to do was act like I no longer cared. “Shouldn’t you be looking after Will?”

“He’s with my parents.” His eyes traveled up and down my body, lingering at his favorite parts that were hidden behind my clothes.

“You could have just asked me to come over and do it while you had to go out and do… whatever you’re doing right now,” I pretended like I didn’t know the reason why he was here in the first place.

“Hmm…” he shook his head and wetted his lips. “Nah, I just needed to run some errands and go to the doctor.”

“Doctor?” I questioned, unsure whether he was using some sort of code language he just made up or if he actually needed to go to the doctor. I was not prepared to be faced with something serious.

He nodded and sleekly ran a hand through his hair, making it more tousled than it already was. “Yeah, just some problems, nothing much.”

His body language was enough to tell me that he was not talking about an actual doctor. He was too confident, biting his bottom lip just a bit too often, his eyes wandering too much. There was some other intention behind it. As stupid as his attempts were, they still captivated me. I felt like I had to pull him inside and let my instincts take over. But I needed to hold back.

“I’m no doctor, Mr. Gaskarth, so I can’t really help,” I apologized, rocking on my feet.

He took a deep breath in and closed his eyes. His chest swelled up with the fresh air until released with a groan. As much as he liked to think he was the one in control of my feelings, I could take over his with just a snap of my fingers. He was just as under my spell as I was under him.

“We can change that,” he responded in a voice that was now deep and husky.

I looked over his shoulders by standing on my toes and checking if there was anybody outside. The street was as empty as my bedroom. I quickly pulled him in and slammed the door shut. As friendly as my neighbors were, I didn’t need to raise any suspicions. Jack and I were known as the ‘perfect’ couple around here. I didn’t need people thinking I was unfaithful and starting rumors.

Unlike what my insides were telling me to do, I didn’t attack him as soon as we were safely behind the door. I needed to increase his urges to get what I wanted. Nothing was going to happen until I got an official apology that showed he knew what he did was wrong. I wasn’t going to be around somebody who apologized just for their own good.

I walked straight to the kitchen and grabbed myself a glass of water, leaving Alex to stand in the living room area with nothing. He was stood still in the middle, looking around himself at the plain simplicity of the room. It wouldn’t have surprised me if this had been the smallest room he had been in in years, maybe even the smallest house.

Drinking some of the water, I sauntered back to join him.

“It’s small,” he pointed out, “but I actually like it.”

I slowly pulled the glass away from my mouth, staring right at him. “You’re making it sound like small is bad. I’m small and you like me.”

“That is indeed true,” he chuckled, it quickly turning into a smirk when I released my hair from its ponytail. If nothing had gotten him on edge yet, then this definitely would have. My blonde locks had the same effect as his chest had on me

Apparently, he thought that was his signal to make the next move. He stepped up to me, his hand going straight to my waist and gripping it. I looked up at him, keeping eye contact and watched him lean forward.

I waited until he was an inch away from kissing me before whispering against his lips, “getting with me isn’t this easy.”

I turned out of his hold and went back to the kitchen, finishing my water and putting the glass in the sink.

“Oh, so you’re still mad,” he nodded with a grin that showed he was amused by my behavior rather than actually sorry.

“I’m not exactly cool with people breaking promises.”

“Well…” he turned to the wall that had countless of pictures from all throughout my relationship with Jack. There were pictures of us in Sophomore year and some more recent ones. “...you’re one to talk. If I recall correctly… you were the one to break a little promise first. Quite a charming guy…”

I had tiptoed so I was now standing close behind him without him knowing. He had stricken a chord he shouldn't have. I sensually placed my hands on his shoulders, making him jump and murmured in his ear, “you’re not helping yourself here.”

“You know what? I’ll admit I was wrong,” he grumbled, swiftly having spun around so our breathing was hitting the other’s body, “but it was fucking hot. I won’t do it again, but only because you asked me to.”

“Good,” I smiled innocently before sneaking my hands up to his cheeks and pulling him down to start the first kiss we had missed for almost four days. It may have seemed short, but it had been way too long.

He nearly seemed relieved when his wishes were granted. Whatever he had been holding back was being released in one go. His familiar scent and stubble against my skin made my heart race. I let my hands slip up to his hair as he hoisted my body up and made me wrap my legs around him.

“Where’s the bedroom?” He mumbled against my lips, squeezing my thighs.

I groaned at the loss of contact. “Behind the only other fucking door in this fucking cramped space that isn’t the fucking front door.”

“Got it,” he nodded and walked us into the room, pushing open the door that was still ajar.

It was like there was a soundtrack playing in my head as we moved in sync to remove our clothes. The beat was thumping, the bass deep and shaking, and a guitar playing a smooth sensual melody over it. Everything merged together so perfectly like a dark symphony while I got to trace his body with my fingers, the only thing keeping us apart was our underwear.

The harmony was abruptly stopped when I was pushed on the bed and the right side of my body hit something cold and solid, yet still a hollow sound escaped from the object. I flinched, more afraid that I had broken it than the fact that I had just fallen on top of it and hurt myself. Still, I couldn’t care less. I didn’t want this to ruin the mood.

“A guitar?” Alex questioned, furrowing his brow as he looked at the instrument. “Whose is it?”

I breathed out loudly, more than annoyed that he was more focused on some object than me. Was I being treated like less than an object? I was close to just kicking it off the bed. “It used to be mine, but now I share it with Jack.”

He hummed in response, his curious attitude replaced by a stiff nod. His tongue ran along his top teeth, ending it with a click. “Let me guess. He wanted to be a famous musician but couldn’t afford his own guitar, so he used yours. You became a nanny to make ends meet and his dream crumpled to pieces.”

“No, actually,” I snapped back. Something had gotten into him and I was getting the consequences. I got up from the bed and picked up the guitar, putting it back on its stand, pushing past Alex to do so. “He got a job as soon as high school ended so I could try to live my dream. But it ended almost as soon as it started.”

Alex looked at me, his face softened and his eyes sorry. The rigor of his posture had left. “You know I can help you out with that, right?”

I shook my head, not because I didn’t know what he did every single day at work, but because I couldn’t accept it. “I’m not going to take advantage of you.”

“Oh, Paisley,” he slowly approached me and let his fingers curl around my upper arms, “you’re already taking more than advantage of me.”

“I wasn’t any good anyway.”

“I don’t believe that,” he shook his head and bent down to whisper in my ear, his hot breath causing goosebumps to rise. “I know what that mouth of yours can do…” His lips trailed down and started giving me those damn neck kisses again. “I know what sounds you can produce…”

I wanted nothing more than to be mad at him, but I couldn’t. The shivers he sent down my spine were taking over my mind. I should have thought rationally, I should have used my logic. But I had missed his touch so much. My own selfish physical needs were overpowering my mental awareness.

I should have pushed him away, but I only pulled him closer and towards my mouth. My body had to be pressed up against his. It was just how it had to be. This was where I was supposed to be.

“Pays! I’m home!” Jack shouted throughout the house, the sound of the front door being pushed shut echoing right after.

That was more than enough to get my brain working again as I pushed Alex away, but not because I was angry. “Shit, you have to leave.”

“Right now?” Alex whined, removing his hands that had found their way to my bra straps.

“No, why don’t we go out like this and show Jack exactly what we’ve been doing,” I sarcastically retorted due to my nerves. “Yes, right now!”

“Pays?” Jack called out again.

“Yeah! I’ll be out in a sec. I’m getting changed, I’m in my underwear right now.” Just a little white lie. I then turned to Alex and started pushing him toward the window, whisper-shouting, “out. Now.”

“You really think that’s going to work?” He laughed silently. “Telling him you’re practically naked-- wait, that’s right. You guys still have to lose your virginities to each other.”

“I swear to god, Alex,” I seethed and picked up all his clothes, forcing it against his chest and in his grip. “If you don’t leave now, I will never have sex with you again.”

It was a hard ultimatum. One that I wasn’t happy with either if it were to be picked. It was so drastic that Alex still had that cocky smirk on his face. However, when he didn’t see my composure change, it dropped as fast as I had pushed him away during our first kiss.

“Ok, ok, fine.” He held his clothes closely to his chest and pushed the window open.

Due to the house only being one story, he managed to climb out without too much difficulty. I had only done it once before when the door handle had fallen off and Jack wasn’t home. It was possible to do.

“I’ll see you tomorrow.” Alex winked when he was finally on the ground with both feet.

I quickly rushed over to him before he could actually leave. “Don’t let my neighbors see you, especially not like this.”

“Stop worrying,” his smirk returned and he reached in to place on last deep kiss on my lips.

As he sneaked away, I closed the window and threw on the nearest dress I could find.

I had almost let myself taint the bed I shared with my fiancé.

I took a deep breath and put my hair back up in its ponytail before opening the bedroom door to see Jack waiting just a few feet away.

“Hey, baby,” I smiled sweetly.