I Love My Wife

I Love My Husband

I love my husband, why wouldn’t I?

That is what a wife is supposed to do.

This husband of mine. The man I share house, food and bills with, he is an interesting man.

My husband is smart. . . Adeen didn’t go to the top University in the state like I did, but instead went to community college in the next town over. He studied engineering and instead of using the money spent and degree earned in a field he found interesting he copped out by getting employed by Fox and Rod’s Inquiry Office.

On a side note, let me inform that I absolutely loathe Fox and Rod. They are both sleaze balls and very talented rip off artists. I had the displeasure of working with the two some years back. They were interested in expanding their business. But any paper I asked to review whether it pertained to one of their clients, calendar marked meetings, bills paid, timesheets or payroll, they were all altered in some sort of way! None of my calculations matched theirs.

They were obviously finagling the system and after an hour of my growing frustration and their dimwitted crookedness I washed my hands, reported them and vowed to never associate with them again.

Then Adeen’s job proposition comes along and here I realize they haven’t been shut down yet. I begged him not to go in and interview for them. I even gave him a choice that if he truly was done trying to pursue an engineer career that I would get him a job at the office I damn near run.
Honestly, I tried for years to not indulge his giving up on engineering, but I would do anything to have him not work for those scum bags.

My husband is prideful. We argued that morning before he left for the interview. Instead of taking my “handouts,” as he called it, Adeen confidently went into that interview with all the determination to show he didn’t need stupid lil’ ol’ me for a job. He wow’d their easily impressed pea sized brains and was offered the job on the spot. If only he put in that same effort when he had real dreams.
My husband is a dreamer. And that is all he will ever be because his mother failed to instill determination and fight within in. If I could say one thing about my own mommy dearest it’s that she taught me how to hustle for what I wanted no matter what.

My husband is a quitter. The moment things get a little tough he’s ready to throw in the towel. He would’ve not gotten his degree had he quit college like he wanted. If everyone he brought it up to not called him an absolute idiot considering, he was only two semesters away from graduating, he would have washed his hands. He stopped living and doing the things he liked which mostly meant tinkering around with things.

Back in the day… When we were paying rent to slumlords, surviving in non-air conditioned, roach and vermin infested one-bedroom apartments he made all sorts of things to pass the time.
He used to get so excited! Bursting in the bedroom while I was usually reading, he’d bounce onto the bed causing my book’s pages to flutter then finally close shut. With a contagious smile on his face that brought a smile to my own lips he’d show me his gadget with a mouth full of words on how he made it, why he made it, and how it worked.

I was sure we were going to be the power couple, Adeen was going to invent a miracle or join the top engineer team in the nation. And I was going to be the queen of the corporate world, planting my name and raising my business in any town worth being graced with my title.

I’m working on my part, I will be on top. Whether Adeen chooses to wake up and join in, is his decision. I’m not babying him anymore.

Join me or be done with me, it’s not hard at all.
♠ ♠ ♠
In case you didn't see the message, this is told from Natalia's perspective