Me, the Prince and His Lady's In Waiting

Me, the Prince and His Lady's In Waiting

I entered the room I had been consented to. As I looked in at it’s contents I had to stifle a gasp. It was, without a doubt, the biggest room I had ever seen. I couldn’t describe the size of it, it was just…huge! There was an enormous window adorning the wall straight opposite me and in the room was a queen sized four-poster bed on a platform. There was also a vast, grand fireplace surrounded with three settees and five armchairs. Inside the fireplace was a roaring fire which made the gigantic room feel cosy and warm. To the east of the room, I could see another corridor with four doors leading off into more rooms, I guessed. There were other odd pieces of furniture placed around the room in strategic locations. I noticed also that everything was covered in silky red material with gold lining. Hmm, very ‘royal’.

It was then I noticed the whereabouts of where the bored voice had came from before. Lying in the middle of the bed, with a laptop balanced on his stomach, was a boy. He was not, however, what I imagined. He was a young prince, but not too young. I’d say around 17 or 18. He wasn’t dressed in a long cape and a crown. Instead, tight-ish jeans and a dark blue ‘Fred Perry’ t-shirt, with a gold logo and hemming on the collar. He had bronze coloured hair, tanned skin and amazing green eyes. He had quite a skinny physique, but not lanky and there were visible muscles on his arms and chest.

As soon as he saw me, he jumped up off his bed and tried to straighten his appearance. “Oh God, sorry. Erm…who are you?” He said this whilst looking around the room and rubbing the back of his neck nervously.

“Prince Alexander, I am Ms Newton.” I curtseyed then, was I meant to? You’d think they’d give you more training when you were to serve a royal family! “I am the new maid and I will be serving you and the entire east wing.”

He looked back at me quickly then, a puzzled expression on his face. “Wait, you’re the new maid?”

“Yes, Prince Alexander.”

He pulled a disgusted face when I said his name. “Eurgh, first of all don’t call me that, it’s Alex, okay? Secondly, you are fit!”

Oh no he didn’t! F***ing hitting on me as soon as I walked through his door! Yeah, he was gorgeous, but I don’t care! And also, what was he?! Fit? Who over the age of 12 said that?! If I wouldn’t get shot, I’d walk up to him right now and slap him! How degrading did he want to be?! I bet this outfit was his idea aswell! Pervert! I don’t care that I’ve got to work for him, I don’t care that he’s a Prince, I was done being polite towards him!

“Fine, Alex”, I spat his name out with as much venom as I could muster without letting my anger take over me entirely. “And don’t ever talk to me again like that, okay?” A look of complete shock had taken over his face. I bet he’d never had that reaction before. I reckon that was the only line he needed to get a girl into bed with him. There was a first time for everything, I suppose. Slime ball! “Now, is there anything you want me to do for you?” My tone had changed completely. I was now acting like the polite Georgina Newton I was to begin with. I could tell my change of tone had shocked him even more. He gave me the tiniest fraction of a shake of the head and I then turned around and stalked out of the room.

When I got outside I realised that I had nothing to do. Anything I was to do was to be ordered by Alex. I looked up and down the corridor and saw a door right at the end. There was a gold plaque on the door and in black, engraved writing it said ‘Maids’. That was the room that belonged to me, I supposed. I walked towards it and opened it, warily. To be honest, inside I was expecting to be surprised, like I was with the rest of the castle. Instead, the room was mediocre. As big as my bedroom at home, in other words not big at all. And it was packed full of cleaning utensils, solutions and supplies. I looked around at these foreign objects and realised I was totally oblivious on what to do with the majority of the machines. I was getting increasingly infuriated by this Gunther. How could he be head of Royal Services when he couldn’t even train his new recruits to a reasonable standard? And I’m not going to go looking for him, that was something neither of us wanted to do, I’m sure. There was a trolley that was already loaded up with items, so I pulled that out of the room. I was going to use none of those machines until somebody taught me how.

I ventured down the hallway and opened the first door to my left, pulling the trolley along with me. This room was another breathtakingly big room, thought not as big as Alex’s. This room was a Cinema. Upon the wall directly opposite me was the biggest screen I had ever seen, it covered the entire wall. There was 10 rows of chairs, all red and presumptuously comfy. Again there was gold lining on these chairs. To the left of the chairs was a popcorn and drinks machine and finally, at the back of the room was a projector with thousands of roles of film sat next to it. The next thing I noticed was the mess. There was popcorn strewn all over the floor along with other assortment of rubbish. I sighed out loud. So this would be my job for the next few hours? Cleaning up other peoples mess! I grabbed a dustpan and brush, got down on my hands and knees and set to work. I hadn’t been here an hour yet and had barely started my actual job, but I already hated it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments would be nice pleasee?
Let me know what you think & if it's good:)