Iron and Water

Chapter 1

"Navina?"

I stopped what I was doing and dug through my bag. I heard Mira's voice, which means she's using the lacrima. I pulled it out and went into the other room.

"What's up Mir," I asked. She was silent for a moment, her face growing sad and angry.

"It's Master," she whispered. I froze and took a sharp breath.

"What happened," I asked frantically.

"The Phantom Lord guild attacked us the other day when no one was there," she started. "Master didn't fight back until Levy, Jet and Droy were nailed to a tree in the park. Master was furious. We attacked the Phantom Lord guild in retribution and somehow Master's magic was sucked dry."

"Is he getting any help," I asked my voice wavering.

"Porlyushika," she said. "Alzac and Bisca took him to her."

"No good," I heard Cana yell. "I can't find where Mistogen is. If their target is Lucy, then they'll come to attack us again. Many are injured. We'd be in a tough spot."

"Laxus has refused to help," Mirajane said. "He says it doesn't concern him. Do you feel the same way?"

"Of course not Mira," I told her. "I'll be there soon. No matter what, I will protect my family. Phantom Lord will regret the day they messed with Fairy Tail." She smiled softly and cut the connection.

"I'm sorry, Miss Lany," I told the shop owner. "My guild is in trouble."

"By all means, go help them," she said. "I'm sure this old lady can manage on her own. It's time you return to your family." I hugged the woman and went upstairs to my apartment. Miss Lany runs a clothing shop. She needed help and requested it from a guild. I've been here for almost two years. I looked around my room before packing a bag. I'll have Miss Lany send the rest of my stuff later.

Running out the door I headed straight for my guild. If I'm lucky, I can get there in a half hour. I sped up and made my way through town. Up ahead I could see a giant building in the middle of the water. I could vaguely hear the yells of my guildmates, Erza's sticking out the most. I watched as she requipped into her Heruclean armor. Running past Natsu I stood behind my friend as she knelt.

"Water dragon shield," I yelled casting my magic. The magic energy targeting us hit our shields. I braced myself against the impact for as long as I could. The force drove Erza and I tumbling back. I rolled a couple times before sliding.

"Navina," I heard someone ask. I squeezed my eyes shut against the pain. Hands went under my body picking me up.

"First Makarov," a voice boomed. It was Jose, the master of Phantom Lord. "Now Erza is unable to fight as well. And it looks like little Navina tried to help. You don't stand a chance." I opened my eyes to see my twin brother, Gray, holding me.

"Hand over Lucy Heartfillia right now!" I ignored the protests and yells as I rolled out of his arms. Struggling to my feet I noticed how everything went quiet.

"I may not know Lucy personally like the rest of my guild," I yelled. "But I'd rather die than give up on my comrade. Our answer won't change no matter what. We'll take you down no matter what. No matter how many times you fire Jupiter, we won't fail. Lucy belongs here with us, her family."

"Then we'll fire an even bigger and stronger Jupiter," Jose yelled as his shadow soldiers rained down from the guild. "Now struggle in this 15 minute terror until it's reloaded. Feel the pain, Fairy Tail. You have two choices. Get killed by my soldiers or die by Jupiter."

"Impossible. Is he going to kill his men with Jupiter as well?"

"He's just threatening us. He won't fire it."

"Yes he will," I said.

"That's Jose's magic." Cana said from behind me. "They're not human. They're just ghost soldiers that he's created. We've got to do something about Jupiter."

"I'll go smash it down," Natsu said. "15 minutes, right? I'll do it."

"Gray, Elfman," I called as Natsu flew off with Happy. "We're going too. Cana and Loke, you strengthen our defenses here. Someone get Lucy out of here and keep her safe."

"You sure you're going to be okay," Gray asked me. "You did just take a hit from Jupiter."

"I'll be fine," I assured him. "Besides this is more important."

"And you're more important to me," Gray said pulling me close. "As your brother, it's my job to look after you. You're all I have left."

"And that won't change Big Brother," I whispered before hugging him. "Let's go save Natsu's ass before he gets himself killed."