Status: in progress/frequent updates

You Haunt Me

x. December 12th, 2011

“You need a tree," Rae observed. She and John had just arrived at his place since he was finally home from tour. She was so happy to be able to spend Christmas with him since they were actually together now, since Christmas was her favourite holiday.

Laughing a bit, he dropped his bag on the floor. "Why bother?"

"John!" she exclaimed. "How could you even say that?”

"What? I'm never home, anyways," he defended himself. "Why does it even matter?"

"Why does it even matter?" she reiterated, her eyes widening. "It's Christmas!"

He chuckled a bit at her reaction, kissing her forehead. "You are so damn cute, you know that?"

"Are you going to get one, though?" she questioned, ignoring his comment.

He sighed. "I suppose. Just for you."

A smile formed on her face as she wrapped her arms around his neck. "Good. Now?"

Noticing the expectant look she gave him, he shook his head. "Sure."

───────────────

"You're really into this whole Christmas thing, aren't you?" John asked Rae as she took out another Christmas ornament from the package that they had purchased. Choosing a tree and putting it up was a bit of a task, but they had somehow managed after some effort.

She nodded. “It just reminds me of my mom, I guess. It was her favourite, as well.”

“Hey,” he pulled her close as tears began forming in her eyes. “It’s okay.”

“I’m sorry for getting emotional. It’s stupid-“

"It's not stupid at all, Rae," he cut her off, tilting her chin so she was looking at him.

"I just... I always think of being able to do the things she did with me with kids of my own someday, you know?" she spoke.

He laughed a bit. "You want kids?"

Shrugging, she moved away from him to grab another ball out of the box. "Yeah, someday. Don't you?"

"I don't know," he responded. "Maybe if it's with you."

Laughing, she turned around so she could hit his chest with the back of her hand. "Stop joking around, John."

"I'm not!" he laughed with her, raising his hands defensively. He found it humorous how serious she was being.

"Whatever," she sighed before her face lit up. "Oh!"

"What?" he questioned her as she slid across the hardwood floors in her socked feet to the other side of the room. He shook his head, laughing at her somewhat childish manner. Grabbing her bag, she retrieved her camera. Holding it up, she aimed it at him.

"No," he chuckled, holding up his hand.

"John," she pleaded. "Let me take a picture of you with the tree."

Exhaling, he eventually gave in. "It's not even done."

"That's the point," she explained. "It's like an action shot or whatever."

"Sure," he laughed, letting her take a couple of pictures anyways.

Afterwards, she set the camera along with the developed photos on the coffee table before standing on her tiptoes so she could kiss him. "I love you."

He smiled a bit. "I love you too, Rae." His hands moved to her hips, and she giggled before struggling to pull away.

"No," she put a hand on his chest. "We have to finish this."

"Come on," he stuck out his bottom lip. "Please? Let's just take a break for five seconds."

Rolling her eyes, she took his lip between her teeth before releasing it. "No."

A smirk formed on his face before he leaned down again. "Okay, but that kind of turned me on."

"You are so gross," she responded, turning away from him.

"But you love it," he added jokingly.

She shot him a look before laughing a bit, shaking her head. "I guess I do."