Status: in progress/frequent updates

You Haunt Me

xvi. June 20, 2013

“We have to get everyone together,” John spoke. “I want everyone to know. I just... I want to shout it from the rooftops that we’re gonna get married.”

Rae laughed, wrapping her arms around him. “You are so cute. I love you.”

He kissed her forehead. “I love you, too. I can’t believe you’re gonna be my wife.”

She stood on her tiptoes to kiss him. “I can’t wait.”

───────────────


Stella and the guys all arrived at Rae and John’s place later that afternoon. All of them were under the assumption that they were just coming for dinner since the band would be heading off on tour again in just a few days.

“Everyone,” John stood up from the couch as they all sat around talking, pulling Rae with him. “Rae and I have some news.”

Rae just grinned, holding up her hand so everyone could see the ring.

“Holy shit!” Stella exclaimed. “Is this for real?”

Rae nodded, and Stella jumped up to pull her in for a hug. “Congratulations, you two.”

All the others cheered and clapped.

“A toast for the cutest couple in the world,” Garrett yelled, holding up his glass before adding, “besides Stella and I, obviously.”

Everyone laughed, clinking their glasses together.

“When did this happen?” Stella asked Rae when they had a moment away from everyone.

“Almost a week ago,” Rae inhaled deeply before continuing. “I wanted to tell you sooner, but I had to build up the courage to tell my mom first, you know?”

“Oh, sweetheart,” Stella squeezed her best friend tightly. “She’s so happy for you. I know it.”

Rae looked up, holding back tears. “I hope so. I just really wish she was here.”

“I know, Rae,” Stella spoke, a small smile on her face. “But just know she’d be so, so happy and so proud of you. You and John are just so good for one another.”

Rae smiled, looking at him from across the room. He was laughing at something Garrett had said, and she couldn’t help but admire the way he looked. He made her heart feel full when it had felt so empty for such a long time. He truly was her missing piece, as cliché as that sounded.

“Thanks, Stel,” Rae hugged her again. “I don’t know what I’d do without you.”

Stella laughed, releasing her grip and kissing her friend’s cheek. “Likewise, Rae.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey hi, I don't know if anyone is still reading, but if you are, drop a comment and let me know! I know I've been absent for a really long time, but I actually finished writing this story quite some time ago and just forgot about updating. If I can stay on top of it, more updates should be coming your way more frequently in the future! x