Status: (More than likely) Discontinued.

Song of the Swallows

One

The months following their last United Kingdom show in two-thousand and nine, led Avenged Sevenfold to dig back to their roots, doing what they did best. Of course, practicing music was always something to look forward to, but spending time with one another topped any and everything else.

Matthew Sanders had taken the opportunity to finally take Valary DiBenedetto’s hand in marriage back in August, giving him a wedding to remember. His best friends were all part of his ceremony, as he couldn’t pick just one best man. Everything went smoothly, and that event alone brought everyone closer together as a whole. Mid-December of that same year was now upon every member and their significant other, and things were falling together, at their own pace.

Their drummer, Jimmy Sullivan had been going insane on his specialized instrument, filling and revising on everything that was handed to him. He loved everything that was written, adding to it and basically working his ass off to achieve his own form of perfection. He had been currently at the Sanders’ household, a place he had been knowing to call home for the past few weeks, indulging in the hobby he knew best. It had been a good four hours, and a good amount of sweat was worked up for him. The adrenaline that pumped through his veins, was far too strong for him to notice his best lead vocalist and friend, make his way into the home studio.

“Dude, I’m telling you with all of the drumming you’ve laid down, we may as well say we have an album entirely set and ready to be mixed without adding anything else! You’re a damn genius, Jimmy!” Matt set his mug of coffee on a table of scattered sheets of music, as well as many other indicators that they were musicians.

The sudden sound of a voice, startled Jimmy in his place on the throne. Upon realizing who it was, a smile rested on his face.

“Yeah, I wish it was entirely complete! I’m not even kidding around when I say that I’ve been working like hell to get this to where it deserves to be, man! We’ve got every demo down at this point! Now, all we need are lyrics. That’ll be something we can get done in no time! Especially with how our minds work as a team. Don’t be surprised if this damn thing is finished before next year!” Jimmy had a ton of confidence when it came to the record.

Their self-titled album was a great sell, considering Jimmy had taken the reigns and actually started writing lyrics and scores for the band. His eight minute masterpiece had become their Bohemian Rhapsody, and the rest of the members could only imagine what was in store for their newest.

“Well, your parts are done! Got anything for lyrics now? Or are you calling it an evening?” Matt crossed out objectives on a clipboard, poking his head up to acknowledge his drummer’s answer.

“I think I’m good for at least tonight and the next few days. More than likely, I’ll head to Brian’s house and get some words once I leave here. You want to tag along?” Jimmy stood up from his drum stool, giving his twenty-eight year old bones relief.

“Would if I could brother. Val’s got plans to see a movie tonight, and it looks like I’m her date.”

The eldest man rolled his eyes, a childish grin eating his cheeks like a disease.

“That my friend, is called marriage. You’re ALWAYS the date now. Your choice, your fate!”

His words led to him needing to block his face, as a lead vocalist came at him with a playful fast to the shoulder.

“Yeah yeah, smartass. Go have some fun tonight. Don’t do anything stupid at Brian’s. I know how you tend to be. Let me know if you guys come up with anything good and solid.”

With a stuck out tongue and a middle finger to Matt’s face, Jimmy made his departure, being sure to grab his keys before heading upstairs and out of the Sanders abode. He gave the house a second glance, spotting Valary in the backyard with a few plant pots in hand, and a yellow labrador in tow. He gave a dramatized wave, waiting for his blonde-haired friend to set everything down and return the gesture, before turning towards his car.

His luxury brand vehicle sat in the driveway, waiting to be unlocked and driven again. Once inside, he pulled open his phone to send two text messages. One to his fiancee, and one to the lead guitarist. Getting responses from both, Jimmy placed his car into ignition, heading towards his next destination.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you all have enjoyed the first installment! This story is planned to have many chapters, so stay updated! Feedback is greatly appreciated!