Status: (More than likely) Discontinued.

Song of the Swallows

Six

The morning came quicker than it usually would, but it was more than likely due to the amount of passion that ensued the night previous.

Leana woke with a stir, rolling over to notice the love of her life still asleep next to her. His body was bare from their sheets becoming rumpled and entangled, covering him from the waist down. The sight made her face flush, feeling that familiar fluttering sensation in her stomach. It was a sensation she felt when they met, and she enjoyed it each and every time.

“Jimmy, are you still asleep?” Her voice barely carried, though it was surely audible enough to be picked up by another set of ears.

The drummer felt his deep slumber slowly get pulled away, eyes opening to meet the other set that were casted upon his own.

“You’re in luck, baby. Personally, I don’t think I can sleep in any later than whatever time it is now.”

She couldn’t help but chuckle, gaining a huge impulse to admit what was on her mind and let him know why she was laughing, since he started giving her an expression of pure confusion.

“It’s only seven in the morning, silly.”

If anyone’s eyes bugged out any bigger than Jimmy’s had, it would be incredibly concerning. Most people knew of his sleeping habits, and waking up early wasn’t one at all. Being asleep for a majority of the day was always a plan when prior night drinking was involved, not that he was hungover though. All he knew was that he was slowly developing a headache as every minute passed.

“Babe do we have any painkillers nearby? My head is plaguing and getting up seems harder than long division.”

“There’s ibuprofen in the drawer on top of the book in the bedside table.”

Being one inch closer to pain relief, Jimmy rolled over to look for the medication that was thankfully where Leana specified. Curiosity hit him tenfold when his eyes stopped on the book that the pills were sitting on. To leave the book in the drawer was the real challenge. Too bad he failed that. A quick browse of the title was all he needed to make his decision.

“Well well, what do we have here?”

“Jimmy! Don’t go through that! It’s my unfinished process!”

Maniacal laughter filled the room as the beholder was tackled and straddled by the assailant. Of course in Jimmy’s mind, he found it the most hilarious thing to see a small woman laying over him with the intention to get her point across of how angry she was, or supposedly was ‘trying to be’. It was known that she could never hate him no matter what he would do, and it was something he was confident in knowing.

A vibration of a cell phone ceased their small escapade, both of them looking in the direction of the ringing device. Being that it was the drummer’s phone that was making the sound, he extended his arm to grab a hold of it so he could catch it before the call was missed.

“Hello? What’s up man?!”

This was the call Jimmy had actually been anticipating. The word from Matt about the process of their album. It was something known in his heart that this piece of work would be a masterpiece for the entire world to hear, and he couldn’t wait to get it out. Everything was set for each band member, and going according to plan. Matt was married already, and Jimmy was next. What an event this would be.

“Doing great, buddy! Hope you slept well! The album is basically done! Larry is going to go through a few things with us in a few hours when it comes to tour and everything. You ready to head over?”

“You know I am, dude! Let me get dressed, and I’ll head over now!”

With a quick hang up, Jimmy rolled back over to grab a hold of his beloved fiancee and tackle her back into the bed when she was attempting to place her book back into the drawer. All that could be heard was a muffled laugh as Leana’s face was down into the pillow, causing the drummer to give a hysteric bellow of laughter himself.

“Get up and go, Sullivan! Matt is waiting for you now!”

“We don’t live that far away, missy! Don’t you be telling me what to do!”

The two of them were truly two peas in a pod. Perfectly in sync with one another, and able to bring the other up when it was needed.
♠ ♠ ♠
I think I’m finding a rhythm of updating and posting now. Thank god! We’re going to be diving into emotional turnpoints soon enough.