Black Blood

Chapter Five

"Running won't do you much good, little lady," Kyle called after me as I ran. He didn't have to tell me that, as I knew soon enough

One second he was behind me, and the next he was in front of me and blocking my path. I stopped as quickly as I could before I ended up crashing into him, and took several steps back. His glowing red eyes seemed to reach down into me and hold on tightly. I was frozen in place. Again.

"Now, I believe I told you there would be consequences for any escape attempts made," Kyle chastised. His fangs slid out past his lips. He stepped over to me, looming over me.

"N-no, this is all just a big misunderstanding," I babbled. Logical, well-held together me hid deep within my mind, cowering behind my desperate need to flee. "Please. I really was just looking for the toilet. If you would just be so kind as to show me-"

His hand closed around my jaw and mouth, an effective way of silencing me. He sneered and growled low, and grabbed my arm with his other hand. There were tears welling up in my eyes and a whimper escaped me.

"You humans, all the same underneath the false confidence," he hissed. He pulled his hand away from my mouth and turned me around. "You are nothing against the powers of a vampire. Now, I did promise you I would do whatever I wanted to you before killing you, if I ever caught you trying to leave here. Let me show you what it truly feels like to be dominated by a vampire."

Kyle pushed me up against the wall and growled again. He used one hand to grab at and lift my shirt, the other pressing roughly against the skin of my stomach. I whimpered again and shut my eyes tight.

"Please don't," I said. His hand cupped my breast through my bra.

"If you scream, I'll make it even worse for you," Kyle growled into my ear. He pressed himself up against my rear, almost crushing me against the wall, and his hands continued to wander over my body.

I wondered briefly if he would actually enjoy me screaming, but then thought better of it. He more that likely wasn't supposed to be handling me like this. I was supposed to be Ethan's, and Kyle would probably be in a lot of trouble if Ethan found out.

I sucked in a deep breath, and let out the loudest scream to ever escape my throat. Kyle's hand clamped down hard over my mouth, cutting the scream short, but I prayed that these vampires would have super hearing like in books and movies. Ethan most likely had the same course of events planned for me, but a girl could hope.

And just like that, Kyle's groping hands were gone and a loud crash echoed off the walls from down the hall. I turned slowly and opened my eyes as the sobbing started.

Ethan and Anthony were there, along with some other vampires whose names I didn't know. Ethan's jaw was set in a hard line, a deep anger burning in his crimson eyes.

"You dare to touch what is mine?" his voice thundered down the hall over to Kyle. Ethan growled and wrapped an arm around my waist, pulling me roughly to him. He adjusted my shirt.

"I caught her trying to escape," Kyle said as he made his way back over. He rubbed his jaw, over which a bruise was rapidly blooming. "You told us-"

"This one is mine," Ethan spat. He added extra venom to the word 'mine'. "You do not take the punishment of the one I claim into your own hands. She is mine to punish."

"But, sir-" Kyle started.

Ethan waved him off and stroked my hair. He pulled my head to his chest as if he were offering me comfort. My sobbing ceased.

"This is not the first time you have done something like this," Ethan growled. "But it is the last. I've had enough. Anthony, Jakob, Bryant; throw him out in the sun."

Kyle had fallen to his knees, I looked over Ethan's arm at him. All of the confidence and authority from earlier drained from him and left his face an ashen colour.

"What? No," he said. The three vampires that had been named made their way over to him. Kyle started to stand, to get away, but they had already reached him and grabbed onto him. "Please! No, no no. You can't do this."

"You've had more than enough chances. We've lost too many humans because of you," Ethan growled out.

Kyle kicked and fought as he was dragged away, shouting more, "Please, I'll do better! I promise! No, no, no! Stop!"

I cringed, thinking of how if Ethan hadn't shown up I'd have been yelling the same thing. I looked up at Ethan and let fresh terror wash over me. His hard stare was still focused on Kyle's form as it was dragged away, Kyle's yells echoing off the walls.

"S-so, does sunlight kill vampires, then?" I asked in a small voice.

Ethan turned his attention to me. For a moment the hard stare appeared stuck on his face, but then a slow and sinister grin spread over his lips. His expression became more relaxed. The glow in his eyes dimmed, but only slightly.

"Yes," he said quietly. "But it is a slow, agonizing burn. It will take an hour of excruciating pain before his entire corpse erupts in flames and turns to ashes."

"Leave us," he said, looking around at the remaining vampires. "I have a foolish redhead to punish."