You Were Meant for Me

Chapter Thirteen: If you're willing, I'm willing

Image
*Ville’s POV*

I stared at the blank pages in front of me, trying to figure out how to get the words to flow. I couldn’t concentrate long enough to make anything sound coherent. The only thing on my mind was her. She had made it clear that whatever was happening between us was over, but I couldn’t stop thinking about her or about the things we could have done together. I hadn’t been hung up on a girl like this in such a long time, especially a girl I had never slept with nor could ever sleep with.

Finally, I had an idea for a song and started jotting words down, saying them out loud as well. I was having the hardest time with the lyrics and I was starting to get frustrated with myself. Writing could be difficult, but this was hell. I had never had such a block before. Just as I put my pen to paper, there was a faint knock coming from downstairs. It was probably just the wind. I huffed and made my way downstairs as the knock got louder. It had to be a ballsy fan, trying to get a picture or an autograph. I was prepared to do whatever to get them to stop knocking.

I opened the door and I knew immediately it was her, even though she had her back to me. She turned around and had a box of chocolates in one hand and roses in the other. Even though I was a little hurt by her actions, I couldn’t help but smile at her. We stood in the doorway for a few minutes, not saying anything, just staring and smiling at each other. I moved out of the way and she followed behind me. I put the flowers in a vase I happened to have in the kitchen and left the chocolates on the counter. Wynter sat on the couch beside me and took my hand in hers.

She let out a heavy sigh before speaking.

“Ville, I am so sorry for running out on you. I wasn’t expecting my face to be in a tabloid and it kind of scared me, but I promise you that it won’t happen again.” She took a deep breath and I squeezed her hand softly, letting her know it was okay. “I’m 24 and I have never been in an actual functional relationship, I don’t know how any of this is supposed to work. I can’t guarantee I’ll be good at anything at all, but I want to try. So, with that being said, if you’re willing, I’m willing. I don’t want to be afraid anymore.”

She looked at me and I searched her face for any signs of doubt or deception, but she looked absolutely serious. I wasn’t sure what to say, so I simply pressed my lips to hers, hoping it would give her my answer. God, I had missed this feeling. Her lips tasted like a sweet intoxicating coffee drink and I couldn’t get enough. After what felt like an eternity, she pulled away and her cheeks were pink from blushing.

“I think I need a smoke break. Can I bum one from you?” She asked, holding up pack that was on the coffee table.

“Yeah, of course. You don’t have to ask, just take one. I didn’t know you smoked.”

“There’s a lot you don’t know about me, Mr. Valo.” She smirked as she playfully blew me a kiss then bounded up the stairs.

I grabbed the blanket from the sofa and followed after her. I paused before opening the glass door, taking in the sight in front of me. Wynter stood with her back to me and she was softly swaying left to right, like she was listening to her favorite song. I could hear her humming in between each puff. I couldn’t tell what song it was, but it sounded beautiful and sweet coming from her. I draped the blanket around her and she smiled gratefully. As she put her cigarette out, I lit one and took a long drag.

I couldn’t stop myself from staring at her. She was twirling a strand of her hair as she looked around, enjoying the view. I was enjoying the view too. Everything about her was as perfect as someone could possibly be. She was right though, there was so much I didn’t know about her. But I was determined to find out everything from the basics to her deepest secrets.

We laid on a blanket in the floor, watching the sunset from the balcony windows. Wynter’s body fit perfectly beside mine as her head rested on my chest. This had to be what peace felt like. I noticed her breathing slow then eventually even out and realized she had fallen asleep on me. I smiled to myself and closed my eyes, following suit.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, so I know Ville is allergic to flowers but in the story, he's magically not lol. I hope you're enjoying the update! I don't really have anything to say so yeahhh. Anyway, subscribe, comment, and recommend if you like :)