You Were Meant for Me

Chapter Four: Cold girl

Image

*Wynter’s POV*

I came off the stage feeling amazing! The people in Helsinki were so wonderful and seemed to love music, which was great. I made my way back to the booth and realized there was a new person sitting there. I didn't mind seeing as I was on my way to drunk town, and my cousin seemed to have good taste in companions. As I got closer, Lauri got out of the booth and stopped me a few feet away, telling me how great I was. I thanked him and tried to catch a glance of the other guy, but Lauri’s hair blocked my view. I gave him a look, and he let out a fake cough before turning around, revealing the table.

“Wynter, this is a good friend of mine, Ville. Ville, this is my cousin from America, Wynter Nikula. It’s her first night in town, she flew in early this morning.”

He finally moved out of the way so I could greet his friend, but my jaw dropped as I recognized him. I was never expecting to see him again, let alone him be a friend of my cousin’s. It was a small world after all. Ville paused his conversation with Aki and turned to greet me. I saw his face light up as he remembered me from earlier.

“Hey, you’re the guy from the airport this morning!” I smiled, extending my hand. “I’m Wynter, nice to officially meet you.”

“Ah, yes. You’re the cold girl!” Ville chuckled as he took my hand. “Pleasure to meet you, darling. Fantastic job on stage. I thoroughly enjoyed it.”

“Wait,” Lauri piped in. “You two already met?” He asked furrowing his thin brows together.

I sat back and listened to Ville explain our little encounter this morning. I’d hardly say we actually met, considering we only exchanged a few words. No one at the table could believe our brief meeting at the airport, especially Lauri. He shook his head and said something about the universe doing his work for him. I raised an eyebrow, and all his did was give me a toothy smile.

As the next hour ticked past, I noticed Ville kept biting his lip and giving me quick glances when no one else was paying attention. When I would catch his eye I’d give him a small smile and he’d go back to his conversation. After finishing my fifth drink, I let out a little yawn and Lauri took it as I was ready to go. I kept telling him it was fine, but he insisted. I gave my new found friends a quick good bye hug, and went outside for some air as Lauri paid the bill.

The sky was extremely dark, but all the buildings around me were brightly lit, illuminating every little detail around me. I let out another yawn and leaned back on the building, waiting for my cousin to walk out. I heard the door open and close, but it wasn’t Lauri. It was Ville. He looked as tired as I did, but nowhere near as drunk. Come to think of it, I actually never saw him drink anything.

“It’s crazy, isn’t it?” I asked with my eyes closed. “The cute beanie man from the airport is actually my cousin’s friend. Never in a million years did I imagine I’d see you again, let alone spend the night with you in a bar. Sorry to cut the night short though, I can barely stay awake.”

“Cute beanie man? Is that what you referred to me as?” He laughed leaning on the wall beside me. "That is a very nice name, maybe I should change mine?"

“Yeah… well, you referred to me as the cold girl. I don't know about you, but I’d much rather be called cute than cold. Feel free to change it, the name suits you. Just for the record, it’s fucking cold out.”

“Cold girl was my way of being polite, darling. I suppose I could have used other words, but I did not want to offend you or make your cousin punch me. He is a little small, but he can do a good amount of damage. As for cutting the night short, that just means we’ll have to see each other again sometime. You know, to make up for the missed time of getting to know one another. I feel it’s my duty to know you, for Lauri’s sake. I'm such a good friend, aren't I?”

Ville let out a little laugh, sending me into a giggle fit, which made him laugh even harder. After finishing our giggles, I let out another yawn, causing him to offer his shoulder. I was in no position to decline so I rested my head on him and took in a deep whiff of his scent. Cigarettes, cologne, and a slight hint of alcohol, probably from me. It was nice, a little comforting but also a little attractive. I felt myself actually falling asleep on him. Until my cousin barged out of the bar, indicating it was time to go.

“Hyvää yötä kaunis.” Ville whispered the words good night beautiful in my ear, sending chills down my spine. It definitely wasn’t the frigid Helsinki air making my hair stand on end, it was him. And maybe all the alcohol. Mainly Ville. My cheeks burned red as I pulled away from his hug, trying to keep from making eye contact with him. I didn't want him to see how bad I was blushing. I whispered a good night and followed quickly behind Lauri to his car and left the bar.

We didn't speak at all during the car ride back and I was thankful for the quiet as my head was swimming in drunken thoughts. When he dropped me off, the front porch light was on and the door was unlocked for me, but no one seemed to be up waiting, which was a good thing. I didn’t want my father to question my night or how many drinks I had. He didn’t need to know, he didn’t need to worry. I locked the door behind me and quietly made my way to my room, careful not to wake anyone. My shoes came off as soon as I entered the room and I all but dove into the bed. I desperately needed sleep. It didn’t come as easy as I wanted though.

I stared off into the darkness, thinking about what Ville had said earlier. Good night, beautiful. He actually called me beautiful. I’d been called hot or sexy plenty of times before, but it’d been awhile since I heard that one, considering it had been over a year since my last serious boyfriend. Getting ready for graduation didn’t leave me much time for anything, especially a guy. I felt a small smile creep on my face as I thought more about it. Maybe it was time to get back in the saddle. A little vacation fling never hurt anyone, right?
♠ ♠ ♠
So, four chapters in a three day span lol. I obviously have some time on my hands! Thank you for reading, subscribing, and recommending. And again, thank you kdennis9 for your comment! :) Now that Ville and Wynter have officially met, I promise things will start to get good! Just hang in there