Status: 1/12

Summer Christmas

01.

December had hit, Spring has melted away, replaced by the scorching heat of Summer. It wasn’t a gradual kind of heat like it was last year no Mother Nature had hit us full force with the Summer weather. As I sat in traffic I watched as workers for the council began to hang the local Christmas decorations. My air-con was going fast, I had just knock off work and as soon as I exited the nicely air-conned office I had shed my thin jacket and now was contemplating taking my work shirt off and sitting in my singlet. However I wasn’t sure how that would go with passing traffic.

Finally the light turned green and I was off and racing. I desperately wanted to get home, get out of my work clothes and into a dress and some thongs. Maybe even my bathers and go to the beach. As I was driving I heard my phone ring over the stereo of the car.

“Hello,” I greeted as I hit answer.

“Hey babe,” I smiled it sounded like he had just woken up. He had worked all night last night, night shift. “I was thinking of heading to the beach, you wanna come?”

“God you know me so well, of course I do, I should be home in like ten. Babe guess what!”

“What?” I could hear the laughter in his tone, “They have already started putting Christmas decorations up.”

“Already? It’s only just gone December first.”

“Exactly, you know what that means,” I sang as the traffic began to move.

“Hours of Christmas shopping…” his voice was flat, I laughed knowing how much he hated Christmas shopping, considering the amount of people we buy for it takes several hours.

“Well yeah there is that, but I was referring more to putting the Christmas Tree up.”

“Yeah we could do it tonight,” a squeal left my lips and I quickly clapped my hands before returning my hands to the steering wheel.

“Okay I am nearly home, I’ll see you soon.”

“Okay see you soon,” with that I disconnected and continued my drive home.

It wasn’t long before I pulled into my driveway, turning the engine off I grabbed my bag and hurried inside, the gust of cool air caused me to sigh in comfort. I had only been outside for a few seconds but those few seconds were enough to know that I didn't want to go back outside.

“Archer!” I called out as I pulled my shirt and singlet over my head, “Arch babe?”

“Hey Beau, you alright?”

“Other than fucking hot I’m good.”

“Well I will just leave,” I chuckled rolling my eyes.

“Well I see you are ready for the beach,” I noted one of my brows quirking suggestively as I eyed him over seeing that he was in a pair of brightly colour board shorts and nothing more. he nodded his head smiling widely returning the gesture, “I’ll be ready in five.” with that I pressed a kiss to his lips and hurried toward our bedroom to change.

Summer was here.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey all so here I am with my first, drabble one shot in the Christmas series.

Yes it's short but some will be longer depending.

Anyways, is everyone ready for Christmas.... I am not

Until next time
Cheers Esther :)