Unexpected

The Realization.

Nate drove me home after the incident with Jonah. I was shaking so bad from shock and fear, that I could barely walk up the stairs to my front door. Nate helped me all the way there, and then pulled me into a hug. He held me as I cried into his shirt, my makeup staining it. "Nate I'm scared", I sobbed. Nate immediately answered, "I can stay if you want". All I could do was nod. He didn't say anything more, so I looked up at him, and without any further thoughts, I kissed him. With every passing second the kiss got more heated. He then picked picked me up, and carried me into my house. I pointed the way, and he carried me there. Once inside my room, he placed me onto my bed gently. He said quietly, "I think you need to get some rest". He started to walk out the door. I quickly said, "Please don't go". As soon as those words left my mouth, Nate came towards my bed, pulled back the covers,and crawled in, wrapping his arms around me. Over the next week we spent every waking second, and almost every night together. One morning as I was asleep, my stomach started to hurt. I felt like I was going to be sick, so I threw off Nate's arms, and ran to the bathroom. I barely made it before throwing up everything from last nights dinner. Nate came rushing in, "Baby, what's wrong?". And before I could figure it out, Nate already had. He told me to get dressed, and to meet him in the car. I was ready in minutes. I was panicking, with all the "what if's". "What if I am pregnant?", "What if Nate leaves me?", "What am I going to do?". Nate silenced those thoughts by putting his hand on me knee, "Baby, no matter what, I am here, okay?". Once we got to the drugstore, we ran inside, we immediately went to the aisle with the pregnancy tests. I grabbed three. We walked to the cashier, paid for the tests, and walked out the door. Nate took me to his house so that my parents wouldn't find out. He led me to his bathroom, and let me take the tests in peace. After I was done I set the timer on my phone for 15 minutes. I walked out of the bathroom, and as soon as I came he was talking at a million miles an hour. I told him it took about 15 minutes to find out the results. He looked down at me and said "Vivian Lacy Christianson, I love you, and I'm not going anywhere, no matter what the outcome is!". We sat on his bed until the 15 minutes were up. My phone dinged to let me know that its time to look at the tests. I walked in and grabbed the first test and sure enough it was positive. Then I looked at the other two and they were all positive. I walked out of the bathroom once more, went over to Nate, and told him that I was pregnant. He got on his knees, gently held my stomach in both hands, and kissed it. He told me that everything would be okay. He told me we should tell both of our parents. I looked up with a horrified look on my face. "Don't worry, I will go with you, but let's tell my parents first.". He held my hand as we walked down the stairs. He stopped me at the bottom, and kissed me softly, "Stop worrying, it's about us and the baby now. Who cares if they disagree with us?". We walked into the living room and called his parents in. They came in not knowing what to expect. But now it was time to break the news.