Unexpected

Confrontation

Nate's parents came in to the living room. Their faces had a look of concern. Nate started the talking, "Mom, Dad, Vivian is pregnant with my baby." It took them a minute for it to register what Nate had said. Nate continued talking. "I love Vivian, and will do anything for her, and for our baby. This I know is hard for us all to take in, but I am going to do whatever it takes to keep all three of us together, and to make sure that our baby is loved and cared for. I need your support in all of this, but if you can't give that I can understand why.". His dad was the next to speak. "Have you talked to Vivian's parents?". I responded quickly. "No, we are going to go over and talk to them after we have talked to you.". After about an hour of talking to them, we started to head over to my house to tell my parents. Nate parked the car, got out, came over to my side, he opened the door, and led me into my house. My parents were already sitting in the living room, and they were watching the television. "Mom, Dad, we need to talk to you.". When they turned off the television, and gave us their undivided attention, I started to talk. "Mom, Dad, I am pregnant." I gave it a second to sink in. And when it finally did, they looked sad. I continued to tell them that Nate and I loved each other, and that we would make it work, but I guess that that would never be enough. The next thing I knew, they told me I had an hour to collect my stuff and leave, and I was to not ever come back. It broke my heart, but before I could protest Nate pulled me down the hall to my room. I started to cry as we were packing, but Nate came over to me, and kissed me. "We better start packing", was all he said. we grabbed all the boxes, bags, totes, and suitcases we could find. We packed everything up, and loaded it in Nate's car. When we had gotten back to Nate's house, he told me to stay in the car. I think he wanted to talk to his parents about our living arrangements, because when he came back he told me that his dad is the manager of an apartment building, and that we would now be living there. His dad came out to the car, he was holding a big box full of food, and a big envelope stuffed with cash, and two credit cards, that my guess were his mom and dads. When we arrived at the apartment building, it was around 1:30 in the afternoon. It only took about two hours to unpack his couple boxes of belongings and my boxes, and bags full of my things. We were exhausted by the time we were done, so we decided to take a little nap. I fell asleep comforted and loved in Nate's arms.