Unexpected

The Day She Came

I was now eight and a half months pregnant. The doctor's said the baby could be here any day. Nate and I had decided to leave the gender of the baby a secret until the baby was born, but it was still very exciting. We had painted the nursery yellow and green. As I was finishing up putting the blankets up on the shelf, I felt a weird rush of what felt like water rush down my legs, and then immediate pain and pressure that felt like contractions. NATE! I screamed. "Hurry the baby is coming!". Nate rushed in, with the go bag on his shoulder, and scooped me up in his arms . He walked as fast as he could with me in his arms. He got me in the car, and sped off towards the hospital. He called the doctor as we pulled up to the entrance of the hospital, and then I was rushed into the delivery room. Nate was with me the entire time, every step of the way. He held my hand, and helped me breathe through the labor pains. The doctor told me to keep pushing, and finally after what seemed like hours, I heard the crying of my baby. The doctor said, "It's a girl!". I started to cry, and when I looked over at Nate, he was crying too. The doctor reached over and handed me our little girl. She was so precious. She had Nate's eyes, and my nose. Nate's mother and father walked in, and the first thing they asked is "What's her name?". Once again I looked over at Nate, and he nodded at me. "Her name is Adeline Christina Reed.". I looked up into Nate's eyes, and he leaned down to kiss me. I felt such a strong love there, and I knew there that this was meant to be. Nate took Addie into his arms, and the way he looked at her and talked to her, I knew he would be a great dad. We spent the next few days in the hospital, getting ready to take Adeline home. When the day came to take Addie home, Nate pulled up the car with her car seat in the back, and I carefully strapped Addie into her car seat. When we got home, I fed Addie, burped her, and laid her down for a nap. I was so exhausted, that I curled up on the couch, cuddled up next to Nate. This is how I wanted it to be, the three of us together, never falling apart from each other, just simply together, and all in love.