Unexpected

A Warm Reunion

Nate got up and came over to me. I was holding Addie, and kissing her all over her tiny perfect baby head. He said with a surprising amount of excitement, "My parents are coming over to watch Addie until tomorrow night. Pack a bag of clothes and anything else you will need. We leave in an hour.". I looked up shocked, in the last three months after having Addie we hadn't spent any time together, and if we had the time we didn't spend it with each other. I was always at home with Addie being a stay at home mom, Nate was working the whole day, and when he came home we were always to tired to do anything. I immediately went to our room, and started packing. When I came out I was pleased to see Addie sleeping on Nate's chest, with his arms wrapped protectively around her, and Nate fast asleep as well. This was the cutest moment I had seen between the two of them, since Addie was born. After about a half an hour, Nate's parents were here to watch Addie. I gently took Addie from Nate's arms, and handed her off to Nate's mother. I walked over to Nate, whose still fast asleep, and woke him up with a gentle kiss. I started to get up, but then felt strong arms wrap around my waist, pulling me into him. He pulled my face to him slowly kissing me, but making it more passionate every second of this beautiful kiss. But all to fast he pulled away. I got up from his lap, and headed towards the door with my bags. And Nate followed right behind. When we got into the car, Nate grabbed my hand, and said, "This is going to the best two days of your life!". We drove for about two hours. When we arrived, I found myself surprised to find myself right in front of my families cabin. I started to protest, but Nate grabbed my hand and pulled in through the door. Once inside I saw my mother and father sitting on the chair. I started to cry. Why would they come here if they kicked me out? I turned around and headed towards the door. "Wait! My mother cried. We need to talk. We are so sorry that we kicked you out like that... We just want to be part of your lives again. We just want to start over." I looked up and them, I knew they were being sincere so I asked one simple question..."Do you guys want to me Addie?".