Unexpected

The Unhappy Decision

We got back in the car, and drove the two hours back home, with my parents trailing behind us. I looked over at Nate and said, "Thank you so much for giving me my parents back. I don't know how or what you did, but i appreciate it so much." Nate immediately said, "Babe, I just wanted to see you happy, ever since you got kicked out you haven't been the same, I just want the old you back again. Plus, I think that Addie should have her other grandparents in her life.". I felt so happy that he would do something like this for me. When we got home I went inside, and picked up Addie from her playpen. I called over to Nate who was now at the front door, and told him to bring them in. As soon as my parents came through the door, and walked over to me as I was holding Addie, they started to cry. My mother asked if she could hold her, and I said yes. I carefully handed Addie to her, and watched amazed as she carefully held her, and cooed at her. After a while my mother brought Addie over to her little blanket, and started to play with her. I sat watching them play, when all of a sudden, someone sat down next to me. I turned my head to find my father sitting next to me. He then started to talk to me. "I am so proud of you. You went through so many difficult things, and you tried so hard and succeeded to be a better person, and a good mom to little Addie. I really am sorry for leaving you out in the world to fend for yourself and your baby, but I am glad you found someone like Nate." My eyes started to tear up. "Dad, Nate and I are getting married, and I want you there to walk me down the aisle. Will you be there?" My dad answered me quickly, " Yes honey I will be there, anything for you." Nate got a phone call, and it sounded like a serious one. "Vivian, can you come here please?" I walked over to Nate, who had already started talking. "Vivian I was waiting to tell you at least until we got married, but I enlisted into the Marine Corps. They just called and said that I am being deployed to Afghanistan, I have three weeks before I leave. I am sorry, but the reason I enlisted was so we could have a little more money to support us." I at this point was on the floor crying, Nate came over to me and scooped me up in his arms, and just held me there. I was so heartbroken. I couldn't lose him. Not now, not ever.