Unexpected

Surprises

"Vivian, get dressed and get in the car. We need to leave in a half an hour." Nate said pulling off his night shirt. "Why? Where are we going?" I said groggily. "Just trust me, okay?". I quickly got dressed, put on a little makeup, grabbed my purse, and headed out the door. Nate was already in the car when I got in. He told me that it was going to be like a 45 minute car ride, and that I could rest for awhile. I was asleep in a matter of seconds. I guess I had been asleep for quite some time because when I had awoke, Nate was gone, and we were parked in front of a barn and a little farm house. I got out of the car, and headed to the already open barn doors. As I stepped into the barn, I caught a glimpse of my father and Nate talking. I tried to hide behind the potted trees, but failed horribly when I knocked one of the potted trees over. Then my father and Nate, looked over at me, and rushed over to see if I was okay. Nate came over and helped me up off the ground. He told me that he wanted to take a walk so that he could talk to me. We started to walk out of the barn when he started to talk. "Vivian, I know there has been a lot of change, with the new baby, and me trying to get ready for Afghanistan. But there is something I wanted to tell you... I know you are probably wondering why are we here, and here is the answer... I want you to marry me this weekend. Ultimately its your choice, but I think we should really do this. So what do you say?". I started to cry. "Yes! Of course I will! But one more thing? What about a wedding dress?". He answered so quickly as if he already had all the answers. "Honey, I have been talking to your mom and dad, and they said that ever since you were a little girl you kept a little book filled with all your hopes and dreams of what you wanted your weeding to look like. And fortunately I have that book." He pulled out the book and opened it to the page that held my dream of my wedding dress. Once he had gotten to the page, he handed the book to me, and continued to talk. "As you can see in that little book, you wanted a wedding dress that looked just like your mother's. I know that you think it got ruined and thrown away, but the funny thing is your mom was holding onto it until your special day. So now that we have everything we need, Vivian will you marry me?". I nodded and said yes while crying. He pulled me into a long passionate kiss. We spent the rest of the day setting up and preparing for the wedding. We had only three days to go, before the big day. And I knew that this was exactly how I wanted it to be.