Status: wip. 12/13/17

The Rainy Day Fund

III. Gravity

He was dressed in an entirely black suit that hung to his frame delicately enough you knew he didn't buy it off the rack. As I watched him through out the night I noticed he wasn't drinking, taking time to just be with his own friends.

My own friends had to keep dragging my attention back to them. "Alex, hello Earth to Alex." I faintly heard over the distraction on my mind.

"He's just admiring that guy in the corner, bet if we bought him a drink and sent it over to him we could probably set them up," was the reply in place of my silence.

"Don't," I said, bringing myself into the conversatoin. "I'm pretty sure he's being a D.D. for his friends."

"Kind of like you are then," Bret replied, picking up his own beer and motioning it my way as a form of gratitude.

"Yeah, yeah," I grumbled, taking a peak over my shoulder to see if the guy was still there, he was.

"When's the last time you got together with anyone? Been on a date? Go over and say hello," John next to me nudged. "What could it hurt?"

All at once the three of my friends started chanting for me to go. I looked over to see if their volume caught the attention of the attractive stranger and as our gaze connected I no longer cared if it'd hurt or not. He was the sun and I found myself pulled into his orbit.