Status: wip. 12/13/17

The Rainy Day Fund

V. Wish Me

When I was a child I remember looking up at my parents and wondering exactly how they got together. Because there's always that first time meeting, where either something magical happens, right, or more likely it was my dad that decided he'd like to start seeing more of my mother and eventually they started dating.

But there's always that moment in time, where one person is looking down or over at their partner, and maybe not consciously being aware of it, feeling just at ease, and they decide that the entire being is who they want to walk to the finish line with - so to say.

I don't believe in love at first site. There is definitely attraction, but before you even start liking them there's that period where you keep bumping into that person.

It was my third week in this town when I first bumped into him. I was still making this place my home, and it wasn't even clockwork, just random circumstance that I'd see him at the library, the only grocery store in town, or the new coffee shop. Even the gas station where I admired him from afar.

By my third month, sitting right at the end of the bar, he chose to sit down a chair away from me. We acknowledged each other and soon struck up a conversation. He mentioned he'd seen me around town, and when I told him that I just moved here, deciding to try something new, he said that he'd had that same idea.

We talked about where we were from, what attracted us to the town, and by the end of the night we'd swapped numbers.

He messaged me that night to wish me good night.