Status: Completed

Just Sleep

1/1

Frank groaned, opening his eyes slowly to an almost pitch black room and Gerard curled around him, “Gee?” He asked, rubbing his eyes and then his tummy, the twins kicking pretty damn hard in there. “Yeah?” Came the very sleepy reply from Gerard, who’s eyes were now open also, staring at Frank tiredly. “It hurts...” Frank whimpered, pulling his pyjama shirt up and caressing the skin, “They won’t stop kicking, i can’t sleep properly.”
Gerard sighed, “Calm down in there, mummy needs his rest to help you... shh... we love you very much, we can’t wait for both of you to be here with us!” He said softly, his face now level with Frank’s stomach as he began humming the tune for ‘The World is Ugly’.
“Thank you, Gee...” Frank murmured after the babies stopped kicking. They cuddled up together, and Frank fell asleep in Gerard’s arms.
--
Gerard placed his hands on Frank’s round belly, rubbing the skin gently with his warm hands. “Me and mummy can’t wait for you both to come out! We already have your room ready, it’s pink and blue! We really hope you like it...”
He stood up to see Frank smiling widely at him, before leaning in to place a soft kiss on his lips. “I love you.” He said, cupping Frank’s face in his hand. “I love you too.” Frank replied, hugging him close.
--
The next time this happened, Frank was asleep on the sofa with a movie silently playing in the background. “Hey there, Lola and Jack! Mummy is asleep right now, i’m going to do something very special tomorrow, i’m going to ask him to marry me! At the wedding you two can be the bridesmaid and ring barer, it would be great!
When you’re born, i will protect you and mummy with my life and if anything bad happens, i will always be there, we love you...”
Gerard stood, silently watching the TV, but his attention turned to Frank when he stirred a little in his sleep, his expression softening quickly.
He was so damn beautiful, Gerard thought, he wished their kids would have most of Frank’s traits, but he would love them anyway.
He and Frank, two amazing kids, a girl and a boy.
The best thing to ever happen to him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you for reading