Path of Destruction

Elusive Rabbit

He had spent hours compiling all the information he would need, making sure everything was perfect, that it would all go off without a single hitch. But when it came down to show time, everything seemed to be crashing down around him.

The mission had been simple, catch the girl, and get her back to home base. However, nothing had been going right. Straight from under his nose, she had been taken from him, which meant he was going to hear all about it later on. He practically dragged his rear back to home base, and when he announced that he had lost the girl, they sent him right back out.

Why on earth had they wanted her anyway? Wouldn't any girl do? They said it was for some kind of survey, so as long as he got someone similar it would be fine, wouldn't it? As he turned down another street, a strange smell made it's way up to his nose. Opening the windows of the car he tried to shake off the dizzying feeling that was hitting him.

It was a long few minutes later that the coughing had started, and his vision started to go in and out. Pulling over so as not to cause an accident, he stumbled out of the car for some fresh air. And that was when he noticed the exhaust had been clogged up. If all of that had been going in the car...he should be dead. Wait, he had opened the windows, maybe that's what had helped.

Another coughing fit took over and he made his way over to a nearby bench, just in time to watch the fireworks as his car went up in smoke. There were screams all around him, but that worried him far less. If he had still been in there he would be dead.

Getting to his feet, he wondered if the home base had anything to do with it. Pulling his cell phone from his pocket he looked the thing over. If they did have something to do with this then he was in deep water. Tossing the thing in the trash, he went to the nearest ATM and took out enough money to get him into another city. He could find a bank there and empty his accounts into a cash. He had to leave.

Running hard down the street he hailed a cab, climbing in and all but barking out orders to go to Stence which was only a few clicks away. The cabbie gave him a strange look but shrugged and they were on their way a moment later.

"Rabbit to base. O-ninety. The worm is leaving town." Putting her binoculars down she watched the cab take a left turn. Listening as new orders came in over the headset she had on. "Sure thing, fourth to six, on the chase."

Emerald green eyes, were uncovered as she removed a pair of riding goggles. Making her way down from the rooftop, she found her motorcycle, kicking the thing to life she yanked her helmet over dyed blue-black hair. It wasn't long before she was tailing the cab. Just as she was lifting her weapon to shoot the man who was trying to escape, however, something blew out her back tire. Skidding along for a while she was thrown from her bike when it collided with a sign. It was a long few moments before she got on her feet, and she did not like the look of the sniper on the roof across the way.

"Rabbit on the run." She spoke into the radio before turning the device off. If this guy had anything that would catch the feedback, she had to make sure all devices were off. Getting off the street, she changed into civilian clothes, tossing everything into her black backpack before sneaking in with a large crowd of people.
♠ ♠ ♠
This one moves really dang quick, and not to worry, there will be another chapter that explains this later.