Status: 2 parts finished more coming soon...

Frozen Sound

Bitter Rivalry

It was a cold November afternoon in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. The Penguins were playing the Flyers later that night.

Sidney's POV

It was 5 in the afternoon. I was getting ready to eat my regular PB and J sandwich before game time. Tonight we are playing the Flyers, our longtime rival. I then took my phone out of my hockey bag to see a text from my wife.

Wife: I'll be at the arena in 20 minutes. See you there. Love you.

I replied back...

Me: Okay penguin. Don't be late. I am excited to see Asher in his new Penguins jersey! Love you. See you soon!

I got up off of the bench and went back into the locker room. I put on all of my pads, making sure to start with the ones on the right side first. Pads were followed by me taping my stick and putting on my CCM gloves. I walked around the corner and ran into to Geno. "Hey watch where you going Sid," exclaimed Geno.

I replied, "My bad G."

Geno asked, "Where is the wife and the Little Penguin?"

"They are on the way. It will be around 15 minutes though," I said.

"After game I want to see Little Penguin. Don't forget Sid," Geno demanded.

I chuckled, "Okay G I won't."

I was setting in my stall when Asher came running towards me. When he reached me, I picked him up and sat him on my lap.

"Hey, buddy! Aren't you getting bigger by the day?" I asked.

"Daddy!" Asher said with joy.

"What's up buddy?" I replied.

"I am ready for you to go score a goal for me!" Asher told me.

"You got it, son!" I exclaimed.

"Guess what? I want to be big and strong like you someday daddy." Asher said.

I told him, "You will be the greatest out there one day buddy!'

My wife came into the room soon after. She picked up Asher off of my lap and held him in her arms. I stood up and gave her a kiss on the cheek. This was the best sight possible; the sight of seeing her with our beautiful son. Asher was such a blessing to us. We always spoiled him in any way possible. Most of the time, Asher would go out into the garage and pick up one of my hockey sticks that sat next to my duffle bag of gear. He then comes inside the house and asks me to play hockey with him outside. His smile is the cutest and the way he calls me "daddy" is too precious to ever forget. I want more children and who better to raise them with than the love of my life.

The thoughts drifted out of my mind and I quickly got into game mode. I got up from the bench and walked over to the guys who were ready to walk out onto the ice.

"You ready Sid?" Geno asked.

"Sure thing! Giroux doesn't stand a chance tonight! I want to score for my son, so don't be a puck hog, Geno," I told him while giving him a sly look.

"Just make sure to put puck in net when I pass to you, Sid," Geno smirked.

"You know I always do!" I exclaimed.

I walked through the tunnel. The crowd was as loud as could be, with everyone chanting the familiar Let's Go Pens. When it got to my turn to skate out onto the ice, you could hear the fans of Pittsburgh screaming my name and had the sight of them swinging Terrible Towels. When I reached the bench, I caught a glimpse of Asher setting beside my wife, Lindsey. They always sat in the same seats right against the glass and blended in with the crowd just fine. Asher, wearing his Lil Crosby jersey, waved and smiled as I skated past.

The game was about to begin as the opening faceoff was moments away. Me versus Giroux and the Penguins versus the Flyers in a bitter rivalry game. Giroux skated into the faceoff circle and I faced up to the challenge. I won the faceoff with one whack of my stick.