Status: 2 parts finished more coming soon...

Frozen Sound

Life at Home

Sidney's POV

The final score to the game was three to one, with us getting the win. I scored twice which was much to Asher's excitement, and the other goal was on the powerplay by Kris Letang. After I showered, the usual media interviews took place at my locker stall. I was asked questions over and over about how it felt to beat the Flyers be such a definite score, what it was like to score twice, and how my son was doing. These constant media interviews were so repetitive and annoying, but I had to maintain my cool. We don't want a headline on NHL Network about a Stone Cold Sidney Crosby.

Once the interviews were over, I put on my black suit and tie. My wife met me outside of the locker room with Asher in her arms, and we were able to successfully get past the paparazzi to our car. When we got home, Asher was fast asleep in the backseat of the car. I carried him up to his bed and tucked him in tight. I walked into my master bedroom to find my wife fast asleep. I took a blanket off of one of the chairs in the living room and covered her up, before crawling into bed and pulling her close.

Lindsey's POV

I woke up early the next morning beside Sidney, his arms around me and my head snuggled against his bare chest. I tried to slip away from him to get up and get something to drink, but he held me tighter. I decided to stay and keep him company for a little while longer until I heard Asher calling me down the hallway. Sidney and I ran to him when we found him kneeling on the tile floor of the bathroom. He looked very pale and had thrown up several times. Sidney ran downstairs to the pantry to look for some medication. In a couple minutes, he came back upstairs into the bathroom with some flu medication; Nyquil to be exact. Once he had taken the medication, Sidney picked him up and carried him to our bedroom.

"Here buddy you can sleep with us. I don't want you to be all by yourself while you are feeling sick," Sidney told Asher reassuringly. It didn't take long before Asher was fast asleep in Sidney's arms, and soon after that Sidney dozed back to sleep.

When I woke up later, the bed felt empty, and Sidney wasn't there. I got out of bed to go downstairs when I saw Asher setting on one of the barstools while Sidney made him some hot chocolate. Before I went all the way downstairs, I watched Sidney care for Asher and it was the most adorable thing.

"Daddy is my hot cocoa done," Asher said with a horse yet eager voice.

"Hold on buddy you have to take more medicine first before you can have it," replied Sidney.

"But, daddy that medicine is so nasty. It tastes horrible," Asher whined.

Sidney replied in a sympathetic tone in order to reassure him, "I am sorry buddy, but this will make you feel so much better. Trust me I hate Nyquil too. I got just the idea!" Sidney then took an empty glass and filled it half-way with orange juice; Asher's breakfast favorite. He put a serving of the Nyquil into the juice and then gave the glass to Asher. When he saw the orange juice he couldn't resist. In one big gulp, it was gone.

"See buddy you just took your medicine without a problem!" Sidney expressed.

"BUT HOW!?" Asher said in amazement.

"How? Because your dad is smart!" Sidney praised himself.

"Yes. Yes, you are Mr.Crosby," I interrupted. Sidney turned around looking startled.

"Good morning Penguin," exclaimed Sidney. He wrapped his arms around me, pulled me closer to him, and gave me a kiss on the cheek. "Um mhm...Did you get into my side of the closet Penguin?" Sidney asked.

"A little. Why?" I giggled.

"Just wondering, because you look so good in my Olympic sweatshirt," Sidney confessed.

"Oh yeah, Mr.Crosby. I got cold this morning and just grabbed one of your sweatshirts. It just happened to be this one," I smiled.

"It looks better on you than it ever did on me," Sidney said with a wink. I blushed at his comments as he stared at me with his beautiful hazel eyes. I walked over to Asher and felt the temple of his head. He was still very warm and running a fever.

"Did you make him something to eat babe?" I asked Sidney.

"I asked if he wanted every cereal in the world and he refused!" Sidney exclaimed. I giggled and looked at Asher.

"You're giving your dad a hard time aren't you Asher?" I jokingly asked him.

I heard Sidney from the other room, "Yeah he is!" I tried to hold back a laugh but failed to do so as I began to bust out laughing. Sidney was making one of his protein shakes, while I decided to make cinnamon rolls for Asher. They were his favorite.

"See Sidney you forgot that Asher's favorite was setting in the fridge. You're such a goof!" I said as I playfully pushed him out of the way when he got up to get a spoon.

"Hey! That's two minutes for cross-checking!" Sidney proclaimed.

You could hear Asher in the background laughing with his mouth full. When Sidney sat down next to Asher, Asher put his finger in the little can of icing that Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls came with. When Sidney wasn't looking, Asher took his hand and smeared icing all over Sidney's nose. Sidney quickly turned around and picked up Asher from his chair. He took him to the couch in the living room and tickled him till he busted out laughing. Asher sat up and licked the icing from Sidney's nose.

Sidney picked Asher up, "It's time for your bath mister."

Once Sidney dressed Asher, he grabbed Asher's hockey gear and took it out to the car. I walked out to the car to see Sidney putting Asher in his booster seat and then closing the back door of his car. He turned around and was instantly startled.

"Woah! You scared me!" Sidney exclaimed.

He picked me up using all his strength. I wrapped my legs around him and he leaned in for a kiss. He carried me around to the passenger side of his Range Rover and opened the door for me while putting me down. We were off to the Mario Lemieux practice rink, where Sidney was holding his annual Little Penguins camp. It provided not so fortunate kids with the opportunity to learn and play the game of hockey, while also providing them with free equipment.

The way Sidney looked at children made my insides melt. You could tell that he loved kids and teaching them how to play the game he loved. Many of the children told him how they were his biggest fan, and some of the girls even pretended that Sidney was their boyfriend for the day. It was so cute to see him interact with the young fans who greatly looked up to them.

When all of the children went home, Asher skated onto the ice to Sidney before I could hold him back. Sidney picked Asher up and sat him on the bench to tighten his skates. Once Asher stood up from the bench, he skated onto the ice by himself, Sidney following behind.

The two of them were inseparable from the ice, both of them born to skate and play hockey until they couldn't anymore.