Dance

First Dance

She was small in stature as he towered over her. Sure, a foot doesn’t seem like much but to her it was everything. The way she looked at the man in front of her. Tall, muscular, and very handsome. Something about those baby blues that made her hear leap every time he would stare at her very own chocolate ones.
He had this spell over the young woman, something about him just made time stop. As he reached for her face, the brunette took a step back. In confusion the blond man took a step forward with a smile on his face.

“You’re not scared are you?” He asked her softly. She shook her head, “n-no why would I be?”

The man chuckled, “You keep stepping away, if that’s not an indication then I don’t know what is.”

Ella, as they called her, cleared her throat and placed some of her loose strands of her behind her ears. Something she often did when nervous, “I just.. no. I’m not scared,” she replied, no conviction in that statement.

Steve, the man with a plan, just laughed again.
Stepping forward as she stepped back, “Ella, if you don’t want to dance with me just say so, you won’t hurt my feelings,” he told her. Ella tilted her head as she looked at Steve. “I do.. I just. I’ve never actually danced with anyone before…” she said softly.

Steve smiled softly taking another step and taking her hand in his. “I’ve dance maybe only once or twice in my life time.. so don’t worry,” he told her, pulling her close. His hand landing on the small of Ella’s back and his other lacing with her hand.
Before they both knew what was happening they were in the middle of the dance floor. His eyes were on Ella’s face and Ella was staring back at Steve, a blush creeping onto her cheeks.

Steve stopped for a moment touching her face gently, “have I ever told you how adorable you look when you blush?” He asked with a grin on his lips. Ella blushed deeper and shook her head, “no, I don’t think so.”

Steve leaned forward, their faces inches from each other, Ella could feel his breath on her face as he continued to gaze at her. “It’s very rude of you to stare you know,” Ella said teasingly. Steve raise an eyebrow and smirked, “is that right? Well, I shouldn’t be so rude then.” He places both his hands against her cheeks and leaned down brushing his lips against Ella’s.

Ella had closed her eyes for a moment taking in the soft kiss, it was so unexpected she was still processing it. When he pulled back her lips were still puckered up and her eyes closed. Hearing his laughter Ella opened her eyes to find him smirking. Her face grew red and she quickly turned to run away.

Before she could get very far, Steve grabbed her arm and gently pulled her back holding her close. “You’re not going to run away from me are you?” Ella blinked, “depends, are you going to keep laughing at me?” She asked softly. Steve shook his head, “i wasn’t laughing at you, I’m just amused by how adorable you are, is that a crime?”

Ella sighed softly, “no, I guess not, i just get so flustered you don’t really help you know, always so smooth and calm…”
Steve let out a laugh, “You really think that? Should have seen me before the serum, actually I still can’t talk to women ..” he took Ella’s hand and walked over with her to a table and took a seat. “I mean, you’re talking to me aren’t you?” She questioned, to which Steve replied, “you’re different. So easy to talk to.. i guess it’s because you and I are so alike in the way we get flustered and how clumsy we are.” Ella giggled softly at that statement, “I suppose I am rather clumsy huh?”

Steve stood and held out his hand, “let’s try this again.” Ella gazed at his hand then slowly looked up at Steve, “only if you promise to catch me if i fall,” taking his hand and letting him lead the way. “I would never let you fall,” He whispered softly.
♠ ♠ ♠
Apologies for any typos and mistakes. I was on my phone and really wanted to get this out. Let me know what you think. Should I make this a series?