Forever Five

The Carrot & Gun Method.

I’d quite often return home to many sites, the same visions flooding my memory.

Creeping up the stairs, I was slightly worried that a certain Mr Paul may jump out upon me, yet it was not to be the case; there he was, in Teddy’s arms within his vast bed. They weren’t gay – cough- but they enjoyed the company of being best friends. We all were best friends but there was a certain closeness between them, a caring relationship, as though they were brothers and not me and Teds. Inseparable.

Now Teddy couldn’t even stand to be near him.

Alex; fine.

Ed; fine.

Ali; no way in hell.

And me? I’m his brother, just lucky enough to still have him.

Never once did I think my life would be better without him. Never once did I consider an alternative reality upon my own. Never once did I wish for anything different, save our family still being alive.

The guys must have left that night before I woke up because when Teddy came down to kick me off the sofa [cartoon-aholic] they were no where in sight, the only trace of them had become the deep musty smell that seemed to stalk Alex wherever he wandered off to.

“Danny?”

“Yeah, Teds?”

“Mr Elliot had a bad dream,”

“What happened?”

“There was a crash…”

Not again. It had become a recurring nightmare, reliving the night that it had happened. Sometimes, I’ll admit it, I’d cry after he’d tell me.

“Well, let’s make it better; shall we take him to the park this morning?”

“Mr Elliot doesn’t like the park,”

“Well, what about if you came to the park with me?”

“Can I go on the swings?”

“Of course.”

“Yay!”

I watched him run off to get his shoes, realising just how much he truly meant to me.