Dimples

Twelve

I spent the rest of the evening writing, using the exact scenario that Harry had suggested. Of course they were only the first drafts, but I felt confident with the chapters already. I sent a text to both my editor and Harry, suddenly very thankful that we had exchanged numbers. Within seconds I got a text back from Harry; five thumbs up emoji, a grin, and -H.

I laughed at his signature. I sent a smile back, with -R at the end. I hoped he picked up that I was mocking him, at the same time I hoped he didn't take it too seriously.

I licked my lips, leaning back in my chair and glancing at the clock. It was a little after 7. So much time had passed while I was writing! As if on cue my stomach growled. I briefly checked my phone; no texts from Harry or my editor.

I shoved my phone into my pocket and made my way to the kitchen. It took me a while to decide on what to eat.

I was halfway through my meal when my phone vibrated in my pocket, causing me to jump and nearly dump my pasta onto the floor. I checked my phone; there was a reply from Harry with an image attachment.

'Me n Niall -H' the text said, with a phone of the two of them. The blond next to him- Niall- held a guitar and looked stunned, but smiled nevertheless. I had to laugh.

'He looks like a bear' I sent back. It wasn't too long after that I got another reply.

'I do not! -Niall' it read. I covered my mouth with the back of my hand and laughed again.

'Deffo, a sweet bear x' I sent back. There was no response after that, but somehow I could imagine Niall making an attempt to grab Harry's phone to curse me out.

I shook my head and bit back my smile, and focused on finishing my meal. My editor sent a text back, finally, asking me to meet her for coffee tomorrow. I replied with the time I'd be comfortable with, and a quick reply was sent back with a smiley face. I couldn't wait for her to read what I had prepared.

I had the dishes cleared up and was tidying the living area when my phone chimed. I grinned and rushed over to it, wondering if Niall had finally been able to grab hold of Harry's phone and respond.

'He said he'll pay you 20 quid to never say that again. But I agree actually, he does look like a bear :) -H'

I laughed and sat down on the sofa. It was amazing how quickly I'd come to like them, and I'd not even met Niall. I hadn't even spoken to Niall really. I took time to think of a reply, but before I could there was another text from Harry.

'I'd like to read what you wrote sometime :) -H'

I smiled. I definitely wanted him to read it, too. Especially as it had been his advice I had taken. We worked out the details of where to meet next, so that he could read it. I told him that my editor would be reading everything first, to which he had said 'of course'.

'Oh I'd like to see you two play sometime x' I sent after a bit of thought. I bit my lip as I awaited his reply. Would he be alright with that?

'Niall is okay with it so I guess I am too :) -H'

'The least you could do after I let you read my story! :) x -R' I waited a bit.

'Why do you sign your texts? lol' I sent.

'Oh... I don't know lol -H'

I shook my head, but my grin would have betrayed me if he had actually been here in person. My thumb hovered over the screen for a moment.

'You are an odd one :P'

'No that's you :) -H'

I laughed again. We were back to that... But it was amusing all the same. I let him know that I was looking forward to seeing him, and he said he was as well.

That night I went to bed with dreams of a curly headed little boy who wanted to be a rock star, instead of the usual nightmares.
♠ ♠ ♠
Little bit more interaction with Harry and MC.