Dimples

Two

"Okay!" Ana said, throwing her arms up in the air and stretching. We had just spent the past three hours unpacking and decorating the flat. "Thank god that's over with."

"Yeah," I said, rubbing the back of my neck. "I'm ready for a lie in."

But right as I said that, Ana also said, "Are you ready for a night out?"

"What?" I asked. Ana gave me a sheepish smile.

"I sort of told a group of my colleagues that I would be joining them at the pub, sort of a mini summer party," she said. "And I sort of told them that I would be bringing you along and introducing you."

I flopped back on the sofa, staring up at the ceiling. I had absolutely no interest in going along with her spontaneous plan, but I knew that if I argued she would end up winning anyway.

"Why?" I whispered, letting out along sigh with it. Ana quickly rushed to my side, kneeling at my feet with her hands clasped together.

"Please, please, please, please?" she begged. "It's just for a few hours. I won't make you wear a dress?"

I looked at her from the corner of my eye. She was worrying her bottom lip, though still smiling. I narrowed my eyes at her.

"You promise you're not going to make me change?" I asked. She nodded and even held her pinky out to me. I glanced at it and then back up to her face. "I don't know, I was planning on getting up early tomorrow..."

Ana rolled her eyes and stood, straightening up. She brushed off the front of her jeans and made her way over to the door to her bedroom.

"You haven't touched your book since the breakup," Ana said. "Give it a rest. Take your mind off it a while. Come out and party. And I mean really party; don't just stand in the corner at the bar ignoring everyone."

She pulled her phone out of her pocket. After a moment of tapping over the screen, she tossed it over to me. I shrieked and almost dropped it, but managed to catch it.

"You could have broken it!" I said.

"Contract's almost up, I'm not worried about that one bit. Anyway, he's going to be there. Please consider it," she said before disappearing into her room. "And at least do your makeup!"

I looked down at the screen. She had the facebook profile of the man from earlier pulled open. I stared at the smile shown in his profile picture, and the green-blue eyes that appeared to shine with mischief. I had to admit that he was rather photogenic.