Dimples

Five

The next morning- rather, afternoon- was hell. A demon swirled around in my stomach, threatening to make me dry heave as I had already emptied the contents of my stomach hours ago. There was a pounding in my head, aggravated by the light pouring in from the window and the sounds of Ana shuffling around in the other room.

Something soft yet hard flung itself over my face then, smacking me hard in the nose. I yelped, and the thing groaned and pulled away. I looked over, holding my battered nose, to see what had hit me.

Harry Styles.

I shrieked and flew off the bed, taking the covers and a couple of pillows with me. I hit the floor with a loud 'thud', and now my head, nose, and bum were aching. My stomach turned intensely then.

Just as Harry was starting to sit up, his brown curls falling into his eyes, I made a mad dash out the door to the bathroom. The dry heaving began, and lasted about five minutes (what felt like years) until my stomach finally registered that it was, in fact, empty.

Ana had come in to rub my back and whisper soothing words to me throughout the ordeal. Harry was awkwardly leaning against the door frame of the bathroom. I looked up at him with hazy eyes, wiping my mouth with a towel I then discarded into the dirty laundry when I finished.

"What's he doing here?" I croaked between pants. "Why was he in my bed?" Harry raised his hands in defense.

"Whoa there, tiger," Ana said, rubbing my back again. "If looks could kill. He didn't do anything to you. You were just- a bit of a handful last night. I seem to recall you having a better tolerance than that, but I guess it's been a while since we went out drinking."

I looked away from him and turned the tap on, shoving my tooth brush under and wetting it. I brushed my teeth furiously without paste first, spat, and then repeated the process with paste that time.

"Anyway, he ended up carrying you to bed," Ana said. "You fell asleep on him, and goodness are you heavy when you're asleep. I told him he could just stay the night. We were both too tired to struggle with moving you anymore."

I paused in brushing my teeth. The anxiety was steadily dying down. There had been a man in my bed last night, but he hadn't done anything to hurt me, I reasoned.

"Sorry," I muttered around my toothbrush and carried on.

"Are you alright?" Ana asked, leaning against the bathroom counter. She had her arms crossed over her chest and was eyeing me with her eyebrows knitted together.

I nodded at her and looked back over to Harry. He seemed to realize that this was our flat and not his, and straightened, clearing his throat. He brushed his hands over the front of his jeans.

"Well, since you're okay now, I think I'll take my leave," Harry said. He turned to go, and Ana followed after him.

"Thank you so much for helping out," Ana's voice echoed off the walls and to me. I heard the front door open. "You're a true gentleman."

"Anytime," Harry chuckled.

I felt horrible then for feeling afraid. Hadn't Harry saved me from an uncomfortable conversation about my breakup last night? And he'd apparently saved my drunk ass again last night, helping me home. I could definitely win jerk of the year for my hostility toward him.
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter is a little cringe-y in my opinion.