Dimples

Six

Several hours and lots of painkillers later, I was sat at my desk, notebook open in front of me. But the pages were blank. I tapped my foot on the floor impatiently, and tapped my pen against the desk too. I couldn't write; the words just wouldn't flow. The tapping grew more furious.

"Would you stop that?" Ana shouted, bursting into the room. I started and looked up at her, dropping my pen on the desk. "It's getting on my nerves. Either write something, or give it a rest. You know you can't force anything out, and the longer you sit and try, the worse it's going to get."

"Sorry," I said quietly. She pursed her lips a moment, then accepted with a nod.

Her phone beeped in her hand then, and she glanced down at it. A smile lit up on her face, that slowly turned into a mischievous grin. She turned that evil look toward me.

"What?" I asked, suddenly afraid. She bit her lip a moment and read the message on her screen again, before looking at me again.

"Well," she drew the word out a while. She licked her lips and sucked in a breath. "Sam has just invited me out to tea, with Louis and Haz."

"Haz?" I asked, genuinely confused.

"Oh, sorry. Harry," she corrected. I wondered how I hadn't managed to make the connection. "Anyway, Sam's demanding I bring you with. Is that alright with you?"

I chewed my lip, looking back over to the blank pages that were now just laughing at me and taunting me. I really didn't want to go anywhere, especially as it was another scheme to hook me up with Harry, but I did need a break from the writing (or lack thereof). Plus it would give me a chance to apologize to Harry, if an apology was necessary.

"Sure," I said. Ana squeaked with joy and did a little dance. She pumped her fist through the air.

"Yeah, alright!" she said. "You won't regret it! It's so great being flatmates with you now. You can come along to things like this more often. Get dressed, we'll be going soon!"

She tapped away on her phone, rushing off then. I smiled and shook my head at her. She reminded me of a giddy schoolgirl.