Dimples

Seven

Harry was waiting outside the gate when Ana and I had finished getting ready and ventured outside. He gave a little wave and a smile that didn't quite reach his eyes.

"You feeling better?" he asked. I nodded, my cheeks heating up just a little. "That's good, then."

"Yeah, sorry I was a bit weird earlier," I said, scratching the back of my head.

"It's alright," Harry said with a shrug. "If I woke up the next day after drinking, with a near stranger in my bed, I'd probably react the same way."

I smiled and laughed a little, then said, "Yeah. Well. Sorry you had to take care of me whilst I was drunk, too. I'm not- usually like that."

"Don't worry about it," he said. His smile grew more genuine, crinkling his eyes and making his dimples appear. I knew on a normal day I'd have been a sucker for those dimples, but that would have been a long time ago. These were no longer the normal days. "Better that you got home safely."

I shook myself of my thoughts. Ana smiled at the both of us, adjusting the strap of her purse over her shoulder.

"We ready to go? Louis and Sam are waiting," Ana asked. She had her phone out, but was shoving it back into her pocket. Harry looked at her startled, as if he had forgotten she was there.

"Yeah," he said, smiling again. "Ready when you are."

"I call front," I yelled, rushing over to Ana's car. Ana laughed and trailed after me.

"No fair!" Harry called after us.

I bit my lip and paused, hand hovering over the door handle. Harry stopped a few feet short of me, and Ana climbed into the driver side to start the car.

"I get violently ill when I sit in the back, it's truly horrid," I said seriously. The most concerned expression I'd ever seen on a human face before fell over Harry's features.

"Really?" he said.

"Nope!" I grinned and pulled the door open, hopping into the car. "Just wanted to see your reaction." Ana laughed, smacking me on the shoulder.

"You jerk," Harry said, but he was back to grinning as he got in the back of the car.

"It was a good laugh for the day," I said. "You looked like a lost little puppy. I wish I'd taken a photo to show you the face you made."

"Now you really are being mean, taking advantage of my kindness like that," Harry pouted as we fastened our safety belts.

"Alright, knock it off, you two," Ana said jokingly, still laughing at our banter. She clapped a hand over my thigh, giving it a squeeze. "Not to embarrass you or anything like that, but it's good to see you making friends and playing again."

"Oh, quiet," I laughed, shoving her hand off. "Who are you, my mum? Anyway, driver, let's go! I'm actually quite hungry.

"Me too," Harry chimed.

"That's not proper grammar, sir," I scolded.

"Rita!" Ana shouted, but we all laughed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Just came back from a REAL trip. I read "No Capes" on wattpad. That's literally all I did today.