Dimples

Eight

"So, what kind of stories do you write?" Harry asked as we drove. I was about to open my mouth to answer, but Ana beat me to it.

"She's actually a romance novelist!" she said with pride. "Shes got two already published and out there in the world. Do you read romance novels? Or does that sort of thing bore a man like you to tears?"

Harry smiled and licked his lips. I watched him rub the back of his neck in the rear view mirror.

"Actually, yes," he said. "I read them from time to time. I mean, I'm heavily into sports and other manly things, but if I can find a good romance story I'll read it. Everyone's looking for love in one way or another, right?"

Ana grinned. I smiled a bit, too.

"You ever read Cora Land or Simply Put?" Ana asked. I felt my cheeks heat up at the mention of my book titles. I would have swatted at her, but I didn't want to make us crash by distracting her.

"I love Simply Put," Harry said, beaming. "I've read it about three times over. It made me cry the first time around." He cleared his throat. "I mean, I am a man. I don't cry."

Ana laughed and said, "That's one of Rita's!" I was grinning as well.

"Really?" Harry said, leaning forward in his seat. Ana and I both nodded. "No way! That's amazing. What are you working on right now?"

I bit my lip and laced my fingers together, looking down at my lap. It was a touchy subject, in a way. Cora Land and the book I was currently working on had booth been inspired by my boyfriend. Ex boyfriend.

"Well, it's sort of something I've just lost all motivation to write," I said quietly. Ana was quiet at that. Harry thought for a moment before it looked as if something had clicked inside his head.

"Oh," he said. "Don't worry, it'll come to you. Let's put the radio on."

I smiled lightly, and pushed the stereo button. The mood brightened as an older song we all apparently knew played. We sang along to it, and then to the other songs that came on after that, until we reached the restaurant.
♠ ♠ ♠
I feel like it's a little late to be saying this here, but I honestly have never met Harry and it's been years since I really looked up anything about him. I know nothing of his personality and how he would actually act. I guess I'm kind of just using his image, in a way, then? Also please ignore the lame book titles. I am not good at coming up with stuff like that...