Status: In Progress

Silence

Chapter 1

I had never lived in complete silence before. Growing up in a large family, gave me a unique world of noise. My favorite moments always seemed to surrounded by booming chaos. I could never stand being in a quiet place. One of the many reasons I enjoyed music so much. It took silence and gave it a life. I now reside in the status of constant insanity and I would never change that.

My life growing up happened to be very simple. It had been ordinary. Both of my parents were around at all times. My siblings and I took similar paths. Did well in school, played sports, and stayed out of trouble. Both of my parents had nothing to worry about. All of us graduated college, entered the workforce and lived routine lives.

The path had been paved and all I needed to do is follow the prescribed journey for success that my siblings had paved, yet in my mind, I knew I wouldn’t. I felt a yearning to do something, and suddenly a new path emerged in my life. One that I could never imagine taking.

“B, start time in 5 minutes.” I registered what the stagehand said but continued to pursue the work in front of me. After months of traveling, we were finally taking a break from an exhausting haul of shows. I couldn’t even fathom how any of us had actually survived this marathon of a tour. We had gotten the chance to see the entire continental United States and I knew that there were parts of the country that I would never need to visit again.

Moments passed as the final few steps were taken to the stage. The crowd had booming energy that would take anyone’s breath away. I could sense the nerves emerging from everyone as they took their places. A swirl of chaos happened and then suddenly the stage flooded with lights, readying themselves for the first song. The last countdown happened as the workers prepared for the entrance.

I looked towards the stage and let a small smile escape. Bridget suddenly came alive. Her personality had changed as soon as the band started to play. She had been fatigued and in pain just minutes before, but now she had stepped up to do her work. Her fans had waited hours in the rainy spring weather that plagues the east coast this time of year for a moment to see her. It is why she is loved.

She had never actually canceled a performance. Made sure to come out for all the encores her voice could handle. It is her fans that keep her going.

Hours passed before the arena silenced. The only noise that remaining is the crew hustling to pack up the remnants of the stage and sound system. We would have a twenty-day break before picking up for the European leg of the tour. Bridget had gone to the house to shower and get a good night’s rest. I, on the other hand, had taken to make sure everything that Bridget brought on tour would either be going back to the costume department for a cleaning or back to her house in LA.
I had felt the fatigue as well but knew I wanted to sleep as long as possible. Bridget’s boyfriend Drew had planned a small event in celebration of us being done. A performer himself, he got a group of tickets to Bridget and his favorite team. The Penguins.
♠ ♠ ♠
First Chapter... Let me know what you think